Internet price for transpacific

Just booked an 18 night transpacific cruise from Sydney for 2024 on Ovation of the seas. Just wondering what the price is for the internet.  Do they discount the price because its such a long cruise? Can’t see paying $30 per night for 18 nights, seems a bit expensive. If anyone has been on a TP cruise could you please advise what the prices for the internet were on their cruise. Thanks

5 hours ago, Spanish eyes said:

Just booked an 18 night transpacific cruise from Sydney for 2024 on Ovation of the seas. Just wondering what the price is for the internet.  Do they discount the price because its such a long cruise? Can’t see paying $30 per night for 18 nights, seems a bit expensive. If anyone has been on a TP cruise could you please advise what the prices for the internet were on their cruise. Thanks

Just keep an eye out for a special. I have a couple of cruises coming up and it’s down to $21.

Black Friday is coming you might get a good price and always remember if it do pop up cheaper you can cancel and rebook it.

8 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Does anyone know if you can just buy the internet per day as and when you want it. I would only need to contact the family now and again on a long cruise.

Yes you can buy it in 24 hour blocks.
A lot of people like to get it at about noon and it’s valid until lunch the next day , so you are kind of getting 2 days.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes you can buy it in 24 hour blocks.
A lot of people like to get it at about noon and it’s valid until lunch the next day , so you are kind of getting 2 days.

Thanks for that, it is good to know, definitely would only need it as I said for occasional contact of family.

9 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks for that, it is good to know, definitely would only need it as I said for occasional contact of family.

I’m not sure but I think you can even get shorter time on the ships computer. In the library they have a couple of computers and I think someone said you can get a hour on those but I’m not sure.

If you want I can find out for sure.

But a 24hour block ever few days and a few texts in port would keep you in touch.

Also I just remembered,it used to be ,the server that provides the Internet service for Royal Caribbean used a system that gave Support to Apple iMessage .

So 2 Apple devices could communicate without the internet package.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 11/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, Spanish eyes said:

Can’t see paying $30 per night for 18 nights, seems a bit expensive. If anyone has been on a TP cruise could you please advise what the prices for the internet were on their cruise.

We just did the Transpacific 2 weeks ago, we didn’t have the internet but im sure it started at around $20/$25 per day per device if you pre booked, more once onboard about the same price but in $US, did talk with one guy who was telling us he had to sign up at the last minute for family reasons and was going to be over A$600 when converted from $US for the whole cruise😲

On the plus side its apparently very good, didn’t here anyone moan or grumble about it and plenty on their phone/tablets talking to family and friends via facebook/messenger and similar and considering we were at seas for 5/6 days at a time in some of the most remote areas of ocean that’s pretty impressive.

It was actually quite nice to have no internet or phone coverage for most of the trip, makes you realize how it dominates our lives in some ways, mind you at every port of call we made a beeline for the nearest WiFi hotspot............... 

Edited by Hammer61

On 11/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, Chiliburn said:

I’m not sure but I think you can even get shorter time on the ships computer. In the library they have a couple of computers and I think someone said you can get a hour on those but I’m not sure.

If you want I can find out for sure.

But a 24hour block ever few days and a few texts in port would keep you in touch.

Also I just remembered,it used to be ,the server that provides the Internet service for Royal Caribbean used a system that gave Support to Apple iMessage .

So 2 Apple devices could communicate without the internet package.

Thanks Chilliburn,  Not doing  the transpac cruise until the end of 2023 on the Quantum depending on  the Covid situation.I am obtaining info now to allow for cost factors. The 24hr internet looks a good way to go. The time on the computer sounds interesting but I guess there would be no privacy.