Has anyone seen any Amex offers?

andie1969

Right now my Amex card has offers for Carnival, NCL, HAL, and RCCL, but nothing for Princess. We have one booked for next May and are holding off making any payments hoping for an offer. For example, HAL has a spend $1000 get $350 back, 1/3 off your cruise is a pretty good deal!

• Like 1

Nope...I keep a fairly close eye on that for my AMEX.  Right now the best "deal" that I can find is on the AARP website.  They are discounting Princess gift cards by 10%.  In other words...you can purchase a $500 card and only pay $450.  Not bad.  Not sure if you have to be an AARP member or not.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nope...I keep a fairly close eye on that for my AMEX.  Right now the best "deal" that I can find is on the AARP website.  They are discounting Princess gift cards by 10%.  In other words...you can purchase a $500 card and only pay $450.  Not bad.  Not sure if you have to be an AARP member or not.

You do not have to be a member, just have to create an account for their rewards program.

On 11/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Feedback on my previous post...

I purchased a single $500 card from AARP for $450.  Received all info via email within about 15 minutes.  Forwarded the info to TA early evening and was applied to our booking the next morning with a new booking confirmation sent.  Absolutely no issue, but I would still recommend to keep ALL emails for both the purchase and the TA.  Call me paranoid....

• Like 1

Thanks but if Covid taught me anything it was to not have a bunch of money wrapped up in gift cards for a trip we couldn't take for a few years! Plus I like the protection offered by my Amex Platinum card for all travel, just crossing my fingers for an offer like every other line has going on!