Norwegian Encore solo studio and lounge question

sptree

I just booked a solo studio on NCL Encore on the 12th floor.  I understand the lounge is on the 11th.

1) Do you have to go through the lounge to get to your cabin and then go up stairs?
2) If not, Is there a locked door to go down the stairs to the lounge?
It’s difficult to tell from the deck plans.   Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't cruised with NCL but when I've looked at the solo cabins my research tells me your cabin key card gives you access to the solo lounge, so I would say yes there is a locked door, but I'm guessing you don't need to pass through the lounge to get to your cabin

HTH

There are several entrances to the Studio "complex" on each deck, all locked to only allow guests in Studio cabins to access the area.  Within the "complex" is a stairwell that will bring you to the lounge, that is unlocked as it's within the locked area.

I may not be entirely accurate on this but I believe this is where the entrances are -  Deck 10 entrances are near 10529 and 10501 and maybe 10555.  Deck 11 entrances are near 11501, 11519 and maybe one near 11529.  Deck 12 entrances are near 12575, 12501, 12533 and 12537.

The lounge is actually not directly-accessible from outside the Studio area, the most direct access is to go in the port-side  deck 11 entrance to the Studio area and then make an immediate right.

I've sailed on the Bliss, which has an identical Studio layout to the Encore.  I actually often would take the main stairs up from lower decks to deck 10, then enter the Studio area and take those stairs the rest of the way to break it up some, I was on deck 12.

• Like 1