Prima with Toddlers

kayjaypea42

Hi all. We're about to embark on a family reunion cruise on Prima. We will have a 3 year-old and 18 month-old baby with us. I have some questions. First, has anyone used the kids club for those ages yet? Can you comment on requirements or general experiences with it? Also, will we need to take child seats with us for excursions, independent or otherwise? It's a Western Caribbean cruise (Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Coxumela, and Roatan). Do any of the beach clubs have age restrictions? I really appreciate the input, as I've never travelled or cruised with kids so young before. Thank you!

2 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Hi all. We're about to embark on a family reunion cruise on Prima. We will have a 3 year-old and 18 month-old baby with us. I have some questions. First, has anyone used the kids club for those ages yet? Can you comment on requirements or general experiences with it? Also, will we need to take child seats with us for excursions, independent or otherwise? It's a Western Caribbean cruise (Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Coxumela, and Roatan). Do any of the beach clubs have age restrictions? I really appreciate the input, as I've never travelled or cruised with kids so young before. Thank you!

The Prima Splash Academy is currently accepting kids 3-12. And the Entourage 13-17. 

The terms and conditions and sample kid's program form October is attached.

Prima Splash Academy.pdf

General information on the Prima can be found on my live post. 

wrt to child seats, there would be nowhere to use them on most shore excursions. Don't bother. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

Prima does have a splash pad/water park on deck 18 forward for toilet trained kids. 
Be aware that there is no elevator service to this area but rather a flight of stairs from deck 17. One set of stairs did seem to have some sort of assist under a canvas cover with a phone # to call for help but never saw it in use.