New to RCL Questions on internet and Izumi

After many years of talking about trying Royal, me, my wife and daughter, are going on a Thanksgiving cruise on Freedom.  We are platinum on NCL and love cruising.  I Have a few of questions: Can you get internet for just one or two people or do I need to get it for everyone in the cabin? My wife doesn’t check emails on Vacation (Lucky her) but I need to for work?  Also, my wife is a vegetarian. Will all the restaurants offer a vegetarian option? We want to go to Izumi Hibachi one night.  I was looking at the menu and they don’t offer a vegetarian option on the menu. Do they have a vegetarian option? Is it possible to get noodles or veggies?  Thanks.

You can buy Internet service for one or more; you don't need to buy it for everyone. The package for one is really a "one device at a time" package which means multiple people can share it but it will only allow one device to be connected. If a second device connects the first device is disconnected. A two-device package will allow any two devices at one time. Note that a two-device package will cost less than two one-device packages. A three-device package costs even less per device. Your other decision with Internet packages is the speed. There are two speeds - "surf" is the slower speed package, "surf & stream" has faster service. Buy your internet package in advance, it will cost more if purchased onboard. 

The Main Dining Room has vegetarian options and even a full vegan menu with different choices each night. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to imagine vegetarian at the Hibachi and I'm coming up blank... they mix the egg up right in the fried rice, so even that wouldn't be an option for her.  She could have the salad, and they could bring her out a bowl of white rice, but anything grilled is going to be co-mingled with the egg and various meats.  

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm trying to imagine vegetarian at the Hibachi and I'm coming up blank... they mix the egg up right in the fried rice, so even that wouldn't be an option for her.  She could have the salad, and they could bring her out a bowl of white rice, but anything grilled is going to be co-mingled with the egg and various meats.  

Vegan wouldn't ear eggs or dairy, some vegetarians do eat eggs and dairy. 

To answer the OP, the best thing to do is ask once on board. Unless someone who is a vegetarian has first hand knowledge chimes in

Edited by LilBlackDress

Thank you both for your replies. 

SG65CB: Your answer is very helpful. Thanks.

Brillohead: That’s what I’m worried about for my wife.  On NCL they offer options like vegetables instead of a meat option and she can ask for fried rice without the egg and they cook it separately. She is not so concerned everything is cooked on the same surface but again from my memory they usually would cook her stuff separately or first. Not seeing it on the menu was a red flag. Thanks.  

Any vegetarians out there that have eaten at the Hibachi restaurant?

9 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Vegan wouldn't ear eggs or dairy, some vegetarians do eat eggs and dairy. 

To answer the OP, the best thing to do is ask once on board. Unless someone who is a vegetarian has first hand knowledge chimes in

Thanks. If no one else responds that will be my best option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingGator96 said:

Do they have a vegetarian option? Is it possible to get noodles or veggies?

Yes they have noodles and if you don't want them cross-contaminated with the food cooked on the grill, they can be made in the kitchen along with the vegetables, just like a person with allergies would have their food cooked separately 

18 hours ago, FAMILYCRUISER514 said:

Yes they have noodles and if you don't want them cross-contaminated with the food cooked on the grill, they can be made in the kitchen along with the vegetables, just like a person with allergies would have their food cooked separately 

Thank you for your response.