Travel Insurance for Canadians

mysty

We're in the process of looking for travel insurance to cover a future World Cruise.  We're both in our early seventies.  We got an eye-watering quote for Non-Medical All Inclusive insurance from a well known insurance company.  We are hoping to find something available to Canadians for a less jaw-dropping price.  I have inquired with CAA.  Their quote was for only trip cancellation and interruption.  It was only slightly lower that the other quote.  Many travel insurance coverages are capped at $10,000 per person.  Obviously not an option.  Are there any Canadian World Cruisers who can offer input here please?  Thank You!

Not a world cruiser but I’ve had to insure around-the-world jet trips and found Travel Guard to be reasonable although we had to self-insure a portion due to maxing out on their limit.  It was worth it to take the risk on a small portion rather than pay for a second policy.  Is Travel Guard available in Canada?

12 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Not a world cruiser but I’ve had to insure around-the-world jet trips and found Travel Guard to be reasonable although we had to self-insure a portion due to maxing out on their limit.  It was worth it to take the risk on a small portion rather than pay for a second policy.  Is Travel Guard available in Canada?

Yes.   They cap the per person at $20,000.

Edited by mysty

46 minutes ago, Mickey Monroe said:

You might check with your local Blue Cross.  Here in Sask we find it much cheaper than the others we’ve tried, both annual plans and top ups.  Health only however.

Thank you!

Also chexk with your credit card if it has some coverage - you may be able to buy top up insurance to increase limits. I find it overly expensive but part of the cost for travel these days. I ended up buying non medical travel insurance and a separate covid coverage policy to cover what Silversea doesn't - mainly landbased quarantine  - with some overlapling coverage on both.  I have medical from work. Good luck!

23 hours ago, Nuka said:

Check with your TA + don't forget to check airline policies as well.  Requirements are fluid so you will need to keep checking to be sure. Not too much fun, but better to know before departure.  If a booster is required, I have seen that it needs to be 14 days before arrival for some countries. Good luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nuka said:

Also chexk with your credit card if it has some coverage - you may be able to buy top up insurance to increase limits. I find it overly expensive but part of the cost for travel these days. I ended up buying non medical travel insurance and a separate covid coverage policy to cover what Silversea doesn't - mainly landbased quarantine  - with some overlapling coverage on both.  I have medical from work. Good luck!

Thank you!  Credit Card coverage ended years ago unfortunately!  The Emergency Medical quote was reasonable.   The Non-Medical All Inclusive quote was highway robbery!  We're struggling to find something reasonable.   I appreciate your input!