Shareholder OBC Benefit Question

coldflame

7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Right back at you.

Popular doesn't equal smart.  To quote Bogle "Nobody knows nothing."  That includes when a stock is "low" or "high."  Nobody knows more than the rest of the market (other than insiders, and they risk going to jail.)  I offer my wisdom only for the benefit of the casual readers/investors who might start to think that buying more than 100 shares of NCL stock is "smart."  Just buy the 100 shares that pays a $100 tax free dividend on every cruise and enjoy your cruise.😎  That's what this thread is all about!

Thank you for enlightening me and the entire cc community. 

7 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

When tomorrow’s Freestyle Daily comes out, let’s see if “Naked Art Auction” is one of the daily activities…

LOL.  I'm certain that you meant to post this in the NCL Prima thread sister. 😁  That thread is dealing with issues of a whole lot more importance to cruisers than this one.  😎

• Like 1

Just posting this "data point" as a heads up. I submitted the shareholder benefit request the other day and promptly received the approval email and then an updated amenity confirmation. BUT... they only credited $100 OBC and it should be $250 since our next cruise is 16 days. Sent a follow-up email.

So... if you are submitting for a longer cruise, be sure to verify the dollar amount 🙂

~Denise

• Like 3

I just jumped in and bought 100 shares at $17.20 today.

The only reason is for the OBC shareholder benefit, I have 3 cruises booked with NCL now and probably some others in the future. One of my booking is for may 2024. Can i already submit the request for next year ?

On 6/7/2023 at 5:34 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Right back at you.

Popular doesn't equal smart.  To quote Bogle "Nobody knows nothing."  That includes when a stock is "low" or "high."  Nobody knows more than the rest of the market (other than insiders, and they risk going to jail.)  I offer my wisdom only for the benefit of the casual readers/investors who might start to think that buying more than 100 shares of NCL stock is "smart."  Just buy the 100 shares that pays a $100 tax free dividend on every cruise and enjoy your cruise.😎  That's what this thread is all about!

FWIW, all the cruise line stocks are up really good today.

NCL is up $1.38 today.

Carnival and RCCI are up well too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

FWIW, all the cruise line stocks are up really good today.

NCL is up $1.38 today.

Carnival and RCCI are up well too.

Yep.  I'm now two hundred bucks in the black on my sixteen hundred dollar gamble.  If I didn't plan to use the NCL OBC benefit indefinitely, I would sell immediately!🤣

Actually, if you count the three times I've used the $100 OBC, I guess I'm up $500 (with more to come later this year!).  I love the NCLH shareholder free money. 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  I'm now two hundred bucks in the black on my sixteen hundred dollar gamble.  If I didn't plan to use the NCL OBC benefit indefinitely, I would sell immediately!🤣

Actually, if you count the three times I've used the $100 OBC, I guess I'm up $500 (with more to come later this year!).  I love the NCLH shareholder free money. 😎

I just broke even price wise but I'm up four shareholder benefits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I love the NCLH shareholder free money. 😎

No doubt. When I first heard about it, I snapped it up at $13.25. Never expected to get anything out of it but the credits. Looking pretty sweet for the moment.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

No doubt. When I first heard about it, I snapped it up at $13.25.

Yeah, I was asleep at the wheel for too long.  If I had acted when cruising resumed (and the stock was still in the toilet) I would have saved even more.  I think there were three post-Covid cruises where I could have benefitted but didn't.  Oh well, better late than never.

I'm feeling fortunate.

Bought 100 shares a month ago @ ~$14/share.  Waited for a statement cycle, then sent in for benefit on a November 14+ day cruise in early June.  Confirmed 3 days later ($250).

Sold the stock yesterday @ $19+/share.  $500 profit.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why did you sell it?  Are you done sailing NCL?

Took the profit.  If I'm wrong on continued growth, I still made a 37% return on a six week investment.  Not including the $250 OBC.

Edited by Pub
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Pub said:

Took the profit.  If I'm wrong on continued growth, I still made a 37% return on a six week investment.  Not including the $250 OBC.

Good for you!

I bought 200 shares last September for around 11.50 and just sold 100 @ 19.50. Almost 70% gain and I've got my $100 obc in 32 days for my Joy sailing.

I'll keep the other 100 shares for future cruises.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, Sundiego said:

Just posting this "data point" as a heads up. I submitted the shareholder benefit request the other day and promptly received the approval email and then an updated amenity confirmation. BUT... they only credited $100 OBC and it should be $250 since our next cruise is 16 days. Sent a follow-up email.

So... if you are submitting for a longer cruise, be sure to verify the dollar amount 🙂

~Denise

What email address did you use. We sent in the mail 10 days ago and haven't heard anything?

6 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

What email address did you use. We sent in the mail 10 days ago and haven't heard anything?

They responded within a few days for me so I'd resubmit. Good luck!!

shareholderbenefit@ncl.com

Edited by Sundiego
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IsanTom said:

I sent my request to ShareholderBenefit@ncl.com on Tuesday afternoon.  Just got my reply and new amenity confirmation (Thursday afternoon).  Look at your booking in your account and see if it is showing the OBC.

14 hours ago, Katie H said:

I sent my request to ShareholderBenefit@ncl.com on Tuesday afternoon.  Just got my reply and new amenity confirmation (Thursday afternoon).  Look at your booking in your account and see if it is showing the OBC.

Thank you for the info! I'll send an email today!