Overwater bungalows Moorea

jumelle

We finally booked a 10 day Tahiti cruise for July 2023! We will be spending a few days before to get acclimated. We are looking at Manarva because of its proximity to a village with restaurants. Has anyone stayed there? Or we would appreciate any feedback on Hilton or Sofitel. Thanks!

We stayed three nights pre-cruise at the Sofitel and loved it. If you are a morning person and love sunrises, this is the place for you. All three mornings were stunning for us. Request one of the bungalows in the line closest to the Sofitel beach and main building on the beach. You'll then have an unobstructed view of the sunrise over the island of Tahiti. They were hair on the back of the neck raising sunrises for us.

20220315_2.jpg

20220316_053731.jpg

We stayed at the Hilton a couple of months ago.

I wasn't impressed, we actually stayed there twice, before and after the cruise. Both bungalows were outdated, the bathrooms were, how to put this. Okay, I'm in the hotel business, it looks to me like the showers were once enclosed and in an attempt to open up the bathroom they took down the walls, put new tile in, but did not level the floors, so it ended up having a hump in the middle.

The beach is nice, the staff good and the food is pretty forgettable.

The real highlight was they have a feral cat that has taken up living in the reception area, she was having a great time with all the attention.

• 2 months later...