5 people in ocean suite (Radiance) Help?

KyloRen

I'm looking at a cruise for next year that I really want to go on. Its giving me the option to put 5 people in an ocean suite.

Room 7264

How in the world is this possible? It says on the site it only fits 3 or 4 depending upon what site you are looking at,  and then on a video I watched it looks hardly larger than any normal balcony room.

Anyone have experience?

Before yall judge its the hubby, myself and 3 kids *but there's NO info for that in the sail info yet so it could assume we are all 400 lb people.*

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Carnival-Radiance-625

https://www.icruise.com/cabins/carnival-cruises-carnival-radiance-cabin-7264.html

Thanks for any help!

Edited by KyloRen

My experience with five in a cabin goes back to Radiance's previous incarnation as Carnival Victory, and it wasn't an Ocean Suite but a regular balcony cabin. In fact, we put all five of us in a balcony cabin on Victory twice, both 5-day cruises NYC-Canada. DH and I had the king bed; our two older sons had the sofa converted to a twin and the pull-down bunk above it; and youngest had a rollaway. Sons are all grown now and don't sail with us anymore, and I doubt we could - or would want to - put five in a cabin now.. One of our survival techniques for putting all of us in one cabin was to stagger getting ready for dinner - those who were ready first went out on the balcony and let the others have room in the cabin and the bath to get ready.

Just a note - the photo in my avatar is our three sons on one of those Victory cruises where we had five in a cabin.

Edited by nybumpkin
  • Like 1

Perhaps there is a couch bed and fold out beds?

While I could tolerate it with immediate family, I shudder at the idea of 5 people sharing a room, even a suite. Bathrooms become scarce. You hear every sound all night from snoring, to getting up. I've done rooms with 3 and didn't like it. 

30 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Perhaps there is a couch bed and fold out beds?

While I could tolerate it with immediate family, I shudder at the idea of 5 people sharing a room, even a suite. Bathrooms become scarce. You hear every sound all night from snoring, to getting up. I've done rooms with 3 and didn't like it. 

I can't tolerate it with 2 people. When my sister and I sail together we get our own cabins.  Makes for a more pleasant cruise (LOL)

• Like 1

We have 4 in our family (2 adults 2 kids) and have been getting connecting rooms since they were sleeping in regular beds instead of a crib. Sometimes even then we're on top of each other lol I can't imagine 5 in one room.  I'm sure they wouldn't let you book if there wasn't a sleeping space for each person,  but there would be zero space when everyone is awake. 

I'll be trying out a family harbor suite with 5 of us in January. We are also apprehensive and second guessing the decision, but at the time it seemed like a smart move to book two cruises vs two cabins on one cruise with the special sale promotion. Actually, we have a Thanksgiving cruise next year in the same category so we will get to experience it twice no matter what since the rates have gone up so much that rebooking doesn't make sense (fiscally). My fingers are crossed also 😅.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

As a person who sails regularly in ocean suites (three times this year alone), two people is all they accomidate comfortably. I've been known to sail in an OS solo and felt cramped. I couldn't imagine a 3rd, much less a 4th... God forbid a fifth. That's my cents.

• Like 1

As another person who sails regularly in Ocean Suites, I can say they accommodate my family of four comfortably.  I don't know what factors go into making a Suite comfortable for one particular group of four but unimaginable for another, but, in case it matters, my family of four is: DH, me, DD20, and DD16.  Each of us is well under the average American weight for our sex.  And we are all under 5'8".  Also, none of us have mobility issues.  I can imagine that if we were very tall, obese, and/or mobility-challenged, the Ocean Suite might not work for us.  There are probably other factors I'm not addressing, but I mention these in case it is relevant to help others make their cabin choice.  I have no experience with 5 in a cabin and never will, so I can't help with that. 

ETA: I just watched the linked cabin tour video for the first time.  Spirit Class Ocean Suites (the type I am familiar with) are laid out better than that and seem to be more spacious and have better "flow".  This might be a factor in what makes it work for us.  I don't like the layout of that Radiance OS at all!

Edited by ShakyBeef