Beach Hotel Day Pass in Nassau?

teddie

Hello!

We like to arrange a good beach hotel day pass for tropical ports of call.  We've done this on Grand Cayman, Antigua, and St Maarten.  Looking for Nassau options for our February 2023 cruise.  Care to share?  Thanks in advance--

Teddie

16 hours ago, teddie said:

Thank you--what was included?  Did you book directly through the hotel?

I think resorts for a day, it included breakfast and lunch buffet (pretty good, had a Bloody Mary bar), all drinks, chairs and umbrellas on the beach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

I think resorts for a day, it included breakfast and lunch buffet (pretty good, had a Bloody Mary bar), all drinks, chairs and umbrellas on the beach.

RIU includes towels too, so you don't need to bring them from the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJC said:

RIU includes towels too, so you don't need to bring them from the ship.

Thank you! Last few questions...was it a loud party scene everywhere?  Is the beach more quiet?  And is the ocean there swimmable in terms of rockiness, drop offs, etc?

1 hour ago, teddie said:

Thank you! Last few questions...was it a loud party scene everywhere?  Is the beach more quiet?  And is the ocean there swimmable in terms of rockiness, drop offs, etc?

It was pretty peaceful when we were there, vendors could be obnoxious. The water can be rough at cabbage but when we there is was warm and as clear as glass. I swam out and forgot my sunglasses were on my head, I could see them 8 or so feet down just by looking down, and there were a lot of black and white fish swimming. The water was perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're curious as to others experiences returning to the cruise ship pier from the resort, and the time required for that. Resort for a day's website says the resort is only about a 15 minute taxi ride from the cruise pier, but they recommend departing the resort a full 2 hours before your ship is scheduled to sail.

This seems like a lot of time before ship's departure for a ~15 minute taxi ride. We want to maximize our time at the resort, and our ship leaves at 5pm.

What have others done in this regard... is the 2 hours really necessary, or would we be okay leaving the resort say around 3:30 or 4pm for a 5pm ship departure?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:43 PM, teddie said:

Hello!

We like to arrange a good beach hotel day pass for tropical ports of call.  We've done this on Grand Cayman, Antigua, and St Maarten.  Looking for Nassau options for our February 2023 cruise.  Care to share?  Thanks in advance--

Teddie

My mom and I (Girls Trip) bought a day pass to Hilton - British Colonial Hilton Nassau through ResortForaDay.com a couple of years ago.  It was great!  The grounds and beach were nice as was the food/ drinks!  Quick cab ride from the port.  You could walk but it is packed along the route and tons of vendors trying to get you to come into their place and shop.  I believe we paid $70 per person but it came with a $40 per person voucher to use for food/ drinks.  I would do it again.

24 minutes ago, KristinDD82 said:

My mom and I (Girls Trip) bought a day pass to Hilton - British Colonial Hilton Nassau through ResortForaDay.com a couple of years ago.  It was great!  The grounds and beach were nice as was the food/ drinks!  Quick cab ride from the port.  You could walk but it is packed along the route and tons of vendors trying to get you to come into their place and shop.  I believe we paid $70 per person but it came with a $40 per person voucher to use for food/ drinks.  I would do it again.

Thank you--I saw this option but it looks like this resort is not fully open at this time. We are booked for the Riu.  I will report back after the cruise! 🙂

Teddie

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, teddie said:

Thank you--I saw this option but it looks like this resort is not fully open at this time. We are booked for the Riu.  I will report back after the cruise! 🙂

Teddie

We're also booked for the Riu in March '23, right after you guys. Yes, please do report back with your experience in February, which we would be very much interested in.

We're also curious about the resort's recommendation to depart the property a full 2 hours prior to your ship's departure, which seems a little excessive to us, especially since everything we're reading says that it's only about a 15 min cab ride to/from the resort.

Please let us know what your experience was when you get back from your cruise.

Have a great trip!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KroozNut said:

We're also booked for the Riu in March '23, right after you guys. Yes, please do report back with your experience in February, which we would be very much interested in.

We're also curious about the resort's recommendation to depart the property a full 2 hours prior to your ship's departure, which seems a little excessive to us, especially since everything we're reading says that it's only about a 15 min cab ride to/from the resort.

Have a great trip!

@mjkacmom, can you answer this question regarding your departure time from The Riu?  Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Have a great trip!

I think the reason for the early departure is that the bridge traffic does get heavier in the afternoon. I think we always gave ourselves at least an hour window to get back to the ship when on paradise island (especially if we were docked in the farthest spot, bit of a walk from the taxi). We never had a problem with traffic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I think the reason for the early departure is that the bridge traffic does get heavier in the afternoon. I think we always gave ourselves at least an hour window to get back to the ship when on paradise island (especially if we were docked in the farthest spot, bit of a walk from the taxi). We never had a problem with traffic.

Makes sense, and thank you for the additional insight. 👍

• Like 1

Hello, we went to Warwick in September 2022 and had a great time. It does have a "beach" with sand, but no waves as it's on the harbor, but great pool with umbrellas. The drinks were unlimited but very watered down. I'm not a big drinker- only takes 1 Carnival drink to get me buzzed and I drank 10 Mango Dreams (they used clear Rum and I believe they diluted it, I could taste it on the top but very small amount). You can only choose 2 menu items and I forgot to take pics of the food but it was average. They did have a DJ playing music and trying to get some interaction but only a few played. Depending on what you're looking for. I looked at RIU and it looked more party scene for sure. We had Breezes scheduled but cancelled after people in my roll call said it was dirty and needed work. We're heading back in April and now I'm looking at Sandals to splurge for our 25th anniversary. Melia is supposed to be done in April/May 2023 too. We left at 3 and were back at ship at 3:15 but there was major traffic, so I see why they recommend leaving early, if there was a wreck, you could be in trouble!!

Here's a video

I finally made because all the other ones I could find were older.  Video description- September 2022-We reserved our day pass at Resort For a Day for $110 , adults only, all inclusive. This was from 10 to 6. It took 10-15 minute taxi ride from the port. We got there before 9 and they would not let us leave the lobby till 10. It did include all you can drink, but you can only choose 2 items off the menu. I did not get pictures of the food, it was average. This was a relaxed resort with plenty of spots in or out of the sun. They did have a DJ that came around 1130 and hosted some games. There was not a true beach, this is on the harbor and there was a roped off section with sea grass and lots of fish. Great view of boats and great staff. Towels are included, so you don’t have to pack yours. Check the price of the taxi for the way back, it was $10 for both of us there from the ship, but the 2nd taxi said $18 when he dropped us off back at the ship. Feel free to ask any questions!

• Like 3