WiFi Upgrade

roger001

Ok.  You would think that after many cruises, I would have this figured out.  However, does this wifi upgrade offer mean that both guests must upgrade.  Or may just one upgrade and each take turns individually using the wifi.....only signed onto one device at a time.   

Unlimited Wi-Fi Upgrade
Stay connected with friends with this unlimited Wi-Fi Package Upgrade for guests 1 and 2.
  •  guest one

• guest two

Upgrade price
$10993
per person

Previous NCL Free At Sea WiFi was for only Guest 1; however, now NCL Free At Sea WiFi includes Guests 1 and 2.  So it would depend on which Free At Sea came with your booking.  I suspect that its from the current Free At Sea since you posted wording 'guests 1 and 2', and if so, both would be connections.  You'll need to read your Free At Sea offers closely or call NCL for clarification.

We have upcoming 15 night Panama Canal cruise Miami-LA on Joy in January 2023.

I asked this earlier in another thread but got no answers. I have purchased unlimited WiFi upgrade and it shows QTY 1

guest.

image.png.3407aba5cc2db4219435e2ff99aa5f6c.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if I try to buy it for my wife it shows this. Unavailable

image.png.cce164fb523d17e42576bfdb52aec223.png

Is the upgrade for both of us and we get separate WiFi connections and two different log-in passwords?

Or, do we have only one connection which we need to share and cannot be logged in at he same time?

Edited by NorthernJoey

3 hours ago, NorthernJoey said:

We have upcoming 15 night Panama Canal cruise Miami-LA on Joy in January 2023.

I asked this earlier in another thread but got no answers. I have purchased unlimited WiFi upgrade and it shows QTY 1

guest.

image.png.3407aba5cc2db4219435e2ff99aa5f6c.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if I try to buy it for my wife it shows this. Unavailable

image.png.cce164fb523d17e42576bfdb52aec223.png

Is the upgrade for both of us and we get separate WiFi connections and two different log-in passwords?

Or, do we have only one connection which we need to share and cannot be logged in at he same time?

If you look at the top of the graphic, the explanation shows “upgrade for guests 1 and 2” indicating one package (Qty 1) applies to both guests.  I had this same question on mine, until I read into it some more.

Only one guest needs to upgrade. If you upgrade to unlimited wifi, it's one device at a time. You and guest 2 can't use it at the same time. One has to log off and the other person needs to log on.  The only issue is the 2nd guest can't even use the 150 wifi minutes at the same time either.