Icon of the Seas Galveston comment by Michael Bayley

ssb

According to Michael Bayley,  while in Galveston with Allure arrival , he said :

"Future plans for the terminal include the docking of one of the newest classes of Royal Caribbean ships, Icon of the Seas, in Galveston in 2023"

Icon of the Seas is 1,198 feet long, 250,800 tons, with 20 decks, a record 7,600 maximum passenger capacity and a record-breaking six waterslides.

“Two weeks ago, we launched the Icon of the Seas and the ship is absolutely unbelievable,” Bayley said. “Allure is unbelievable, but the Icon is unbelievable times 100.”

Edited by ssb

• ssb changed the title to Icon of the Seas Galveston comment by Michael Bayley
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 11:36 AM, ssb said:

Absolutely but Bayley said 2023 .

This post came to my mind while watching Royal Caribbean TV channel 1 on the Allure about the Icon of the Seas. After experiencing the efficiency of T10,  hearing and seeing so many international visitors flying to Houston just to take the Allure, I really think there is a business case for bringing such a ship to Galveston.

Carnival is debuting a new ship at Galveston. Shows the importance of the 4 busiest US cruise port.

1 hour ago, longhorn2004 said:

This post came to my mind while watching Royal Caribbean TV channel 1 on the Allure about the Icon of the Seas. After experiencing the efficiency of T10,  hearing and seeing so many international visitors flying to Houston just to take the Allure, I really think there is a business case for bringing such a ship to Galveston.

Carnival is debuting a new ship at Galveston. Shows the importance of the 4 busiest US cruise port.

Yes especially now with Terminal number 4 being planned presently at Pier 28 and  with memorandums of understandings with another cruise line in place .  

Would Icon supplement Harmony, who is supposed to be here in Nov 23, or replace her?    

did you see the new 8-day Harmony “Perfect Day” itineraries from Galveston in 2024?   A handful from July 24 to November  24.

Edited by ocean sounds
Can’t type