Sky Princess a food lover’s journey

Mittens101

22 minutes ago, meldal said:

The meal at Sabatinis looks so delicious.  I may have missed it in your post - what was your dessert?  It is beautifully displayed and looks very tasty.   Loved the rainbow picture.  Keep the photos coming

we both got what I think was called a roche. It’s chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate. At the very center of the big ball is another small ball with I think melted ice cream. The mousse around it was incredible. 

A14E799C-520E-4AB7-9873-70995A776869.jpeg

• Like 1

I wonder if they’ll have biscuits & Gravy when we cruise from UK next year (2 week Norwegian fjords August)  

going to be a lot of Brits on board going ‘umm what are the scones doing there, and what’s the white stuff with it 🤔😂 

(For the avoidance of doubt, I’m British & taking the Micky out of myself 😆)

that Rocher pudding and the seafood linguine?? Wow. I’m going to need to get on a Princess cruise before august if these food pics keep making me drool 🤤 

• Like 2

Hubby and I will be on the Dec. 3rd Sky sailing.  He only wants to eat in the dining room for dinner so I will warn him of the spotty and slow service.  He is NOT a patient person, so I see us headed to the buffet - with plenty of grumbling - after about 30 minutes.  The food looks fabulous in every photo.  Thank you!

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I've had a Full English (aka breakfast) so my Sky trip in June better have it!  I find the vegetarian sausages in the UK are so much better than in North America.  I've been trying to figure out why.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing all things food related! Can't wait to experience it live when we go in a couple of months instead of through pictures. 😊  Is Princess Patter still a thing? If so, can you share those here? TIA and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 2Crewsers said:

Thanks for sharing all things food related! Can't wait to experience it live when we go in a couple of months instead of through pictures. 😊  Is Princess Patter still a thing? If so, can you share those here? TIA and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I’ll try to post the patters for the next few days. 

F03A7206-2637-475C-971D-CB1AB059F0D6.jpeg

C660B7C4-85CA-4F74-AB73-CEA687F191DF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the information and pics!  Keep them coming!  (And if you're at Vines, would you mind snapping pics of the wine list?  Curious as to any changes since we sailed on Regal a few months ago.)

Getting excited to board the Sky in 25 days!  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

@Mittens101I have a couple of questions if you have time to answer.  We are on the Sky Feb 25th for Western Caribbean.  I notice in the Patters that you have posted, that the Estrella Dining room is Club Class.  Do you know if it is exclusively Club Class or not as I have made reservations for us in that dining room each night.  If it is exclusively Club Class, then I need to change them as we are not in Club Class.

Also, did you have a champagne waterfall?  If so, could you tell me what time they did the pouring as my son's lady friend has never been on a cruise before and I would like to make sure that I don't schedule dinner at that time so she can take part.

Thank you for your pictures, patters and info.  It is much appreciated.

• Like 1

DavidsNana,

I can't answer your question but I'd like to invite you to our Roll Call here on Cruise Critic.   We are the same sailing as you.    Just go to Roll Calls, Princess, Sky Princess and February 25, 2023.   I hope to see you there!

Robin

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

@Mittens101I have a couple of questions if you have time to answer.  We are on the Sky Feb 25th for Western Caribbean.  I notice in the Patters that you have posted, that the Estrella Dining room is Club Class.  Do you know if it is exclusively Club Class or not as I have made reservations for us in that dining room each night.  If it is exclusively Club Class, then I need to change them as we are not in Club Class.

Also, did you have a champagne waterfall?  If so, could you tell me what time they did the pouring as my son's lady friend has never been on a cruise before and I would like to make sure that I don't schedule dinner at that time so she can take part.

Thank you for your pictures, patters and info.  It is much appreciated.

Hi yes it appears that it is club class on one side. The other is regular. There was a champagne waterfall on the first formal night. I’m sorry I don’t know the exact time I believe it was 7pm but I could be mistaken. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 4:37 AM, Mittens101 said:

What do you call a 4 am snack? First breakfast. Hearty vanilla bean latte served with a mushroom egg bite and an open faced grilled vegetable sandwich. Not bad for first breakfast. The bread for the sandwich was scrumptious. 

896461A5-3CEB-4BEB-A8D5-CACF0BED4217.jpeg

018B80E1-BA93-4ADE-9184-C2EC7E13A754.jpeg

E339134C-F1C8-4C0B-B0FB-F3483E75B4D9.jpeg

59B246C6-174A-4612-A353-59E7CAED4C75.jpeg

3952D14D-1988-4815-BD47-37EC2163EB53.jpeg

9219BB29-D65E-419E-A49A-60FA949F3402.jpeg

D38E3F8E-018F-4440-913D-517EF5F75B02.jpeg

If you're ever on board near the holidays, 4 AM is a good time to watch the crew set up decorations & such. It can be quite a bit of fun. If possible try to watch food get organized for the upcoming morning.It might be difficult as the staff will probably keep you away from the food setup, but you still should be able to watch from a distance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

It was invented by British troops when India was a colony. It’s very good, but a hybrid. 

I’ll quote myself. Indian curries are endless in variety, so the reality is that It could have been invented by Indians, but wasn’t. 😉

Edited by mrmarklin

Regarding Princess and full British breakfast, you are likely to be able to put this together in the buffet.  I did not notice it on any menus. I don’t spend much time in the buffet. 

Chicken Tikka Masala is available on Cunard lines if you dine in the Grills section. It’s not on the menu, but can be requested a day ahead. 

• Thanks 1

mittens, enjoying your post's. I do have a request. Next time your at the Take Five lounge would you be so kind to snap a photo of the performers. One of our band mates is suppose to be subin' on the cruise. 

14 minutes ago, c-boy said:

mittens, enjoying your post's. I do have a request. Next time your at the Take Five lounge would you be so kind to snap a photo of the performers. One of our band mates is suppose to be subin' on the cruise. 

Yes will try tonight 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mittens101 said:

Hi yes it appears that it is club class on one side. The other is regular. There was a champagne waterfall on the first formal night. I’m sorry I don’t know the exact time I believe it was 7pm but I could be mistaken. 

Thanks so much for your quick response.  I really appreciate the firsthand information.  It will allow me to revise some of my plans and reservations.

22 hours ago, rjack22 said:

DavidsNana,

I can't answer your question but I'd like to invite you to our Roll Call here on Cruise Critic.   We are the same sailing as you.    Just go to Roll Calls, Princess, Sky Princess and February 25, 2023.   I hope to see you there!

Robin

Thanks Robin.  I will talk to my son and his lady friend since they will be sailing with me.