March 31st 2007 cruising with kids what to expect on RCCI

We are cruising on Enchantment March 31 2007 first day of our spring break for my kids. What can we expect from the RCCI as far as keeping other kids under control. Our kids will be in Adventure program.

We are cruising on Enchantment March 31 2007 first day of our spring break for my kids. What can we expect from the RCCI as far as keeping other kids under control. Our kids will be in Adventure program.

You will have lots of kids on the ship. I'm planning to go the week before you (haven't booked yet).

My expectations would be as follows:

1) They will be hanging out everywhere.

2) Some will be in the hot tubs and the Solarium.

3) They will walk/run loudly down the hallways.

4) If they do anything substantial (fighting or vandalism), they will be confronted by RCCL staff.

Most kids will be well behaved and having a wonderful time.

When we were on the Voyager the crew did nothing to control the kids. I remeber on a formal night they were holding up the elevators and several passengars asked the crew to do something about it. It went on all night so apparently nothing was done. There is a curfew but it is not followed. This was several years ago and I am really hoping that RCI has realized they need to control the kids that SOME of the parents aren't watching.

We cruised with our kids last March over Spring break on Splendour. Yes there was a lot of kids but I really didn't see any that were out of control. Maybe I was just always in the right place at the right time :D. After reading many threads about the horrible conduct of some kids and parents not doing anything about it, I had a long talk with my girls before we left. I told them they wouldn't have much fun sitting in a cabin alone all week while the rest of us were having fun!!! They were perfect little angels ;).

I think that is great. I'm planning on talking to my kids also. If there are little kids running around out of control I will try and make sure they are not mine.We have cruised before my wife and I but this the first we are taking the kids with family and friends and their kids. This is the first cruise for most of them and I don't want them to have a bad experience. Does RCCI do a better job with kids than other cruise lines. I thought this being a more mature cruise line that there would be kids but good kids.

I believe most of the kids that run around up and down the halls, pushing buttons on the elevators, etc. are a little older (teenagers). My girls were 7 and 12 last year and I didn't feel comfortable letting them roam the ship alone. They were always with us unless they were in the Adventure Ocean club (which was every chance they got...they loved it). I wouldn't let them sign themselves in and out either. I'm a little over protective, I guess. :) I'm sure your kids will be fine. You sound like a very responsible parent by talking to them before hand. I have no problem cruising with my kids or anyone elses for that matter. I told my girls that they just need to remember that they are not at home and nobody wants to have a bad vacation because of disrespectful kids. Kids will be kids....it's the parents job to keep them in line if need be.

Some people think that since they are on vacation and on an enclosed ship, that they shouldn't have to keep an eye on their kids. I just don't get it! If they were at a hotel at the beach, would they just let them run free? (Yeah, I guess some would!) Kids are the parents responsibility--not the crew's. You sound like you feel the same way--maybe your way of thinking will rub off on the other passengers with kids!

Thank -you. I'm just hoping adults can still have fun despite all the kids.In some area kids will still be in school because each area has spring break at different times. Maybe there will be a lot of kids but not as many as their would be in the summer or the following weeks of spring break. They may be spread out for 2 or 3 weeks.

We are headed to the Western Caribbean this March.:D Last cruise was end of March also.

Temps were in the 80's everywhere we went. We did have one overcast day [Ocho Rios] but we still did Dunn's River falls. The wind was a problem on Grand Cayman so the snorkling excursions were cancelled. We still snorkled from shore at Eden Rock and had a great time.

We just got back from the Enchantment yesterday. It was great. The weather was in the 80's. No rain for us. It was a little windy on the pool deck most of the time we were at sea. This was our 1st cruise, I didn't realize it would be so windy. They had the trampoline open a couple of days, we didn't do it, but it looked fun. The rock climbing wall was also open and pretty busy. It didn't seem like there was that many children on board. More spring breakers, young college kids. They occupied most of the pool deck. They were having lots and lots of fun, from the looks of it.

My 10yr old daughter was a little shy at 1st in the adventure program, but started to really like it by the 2nd day. My 14yr old didn't even try the teenage program. Seemed like older teens in there, she's a little shy, too.

I didn't see in wild kids running around in the halls. It's a very beautiful ship. WE HAD THE BEST TIME EVER!!!:D

Archived