Mardi Gras Great Cruise - but Went Home Without My Luggage

onlyano

@onlyano Sending a virtual hug…I understand where you’re coming from and I’m sorry that happened.  It is awful to be missing a bag but knowing you’re leaving it because you can’t stay longer to search is frustrating- especially if you have some control issues (I do 😆).  You sound like you had a really good Carnival employee to work with.  It’s not just them though.  We cruised Royal in Sept. and had our 2 bags well marked plus had an air tags in them. Gave our bags to the baggage handlers when I arrived and by 3 pm I realized not only did we not have any luggage, we didn’t even have a signal from our Air Tags!  The daily whatever it is said if luggage isn’t there by five to come to Guest Services. We did since were were supposed to sail at 5 pm and hadn’t yet.  They thought we were foolish. They said to check downstairs (there were two others with the same problem) so we all went down stairs. Not our bags there  (I was surprised they let us down there too). We went on to dinner, finally started sailing at 8, got out of dinner  at 8:30 pm and when we got back to our room there were two lonely bags in front of our door.

Lessons learned? I was glad I pack extra undies and my pjs in my backpack - I could have done the cruise from them if I had to. Also, we are now planning to pack in 20 in or 22 in suitcases so we can pretty easily wrangle our own (note the control issue thing!) Since we don’t do formal night we’ll be fine.  Things post-Covid do seem to be somewhat discombobulated. But I’m glad it’s pretty well worked out for you (Can a neighbor hold your luggage for you?)

• Like 1