Queen Mary 2 , concierge lounge question

Jacqueline

Can anyone recall if the door is starboard or Port to enter? 

I just changed my cabin number to be more midships, as I am having mobility problems and am on crutches. I was all the way forward previously. Which would have been great, had it been pre-COVID as I love the thermal suite, but too much of a hassle with the limited times and hours currently.  Now I am in 9040. 

What  exactly do people do in the lounge? I never used it when I was PG a it wasn’t convenient and I had no need (17 days round trip TA). 

There's a door on each side.

They used to have printed broadsheet newspapers, but the printer broke down and they never replaced it. They will have current A4 size newssheets.

Also, usually a good selection of Danish to go with the coffee/tea.

You can use the concierge for all the usual stuff.

8 minutes ago, Jacqueline said:

Oh yay, coffee and tea is very nice. I was going to bring my chemex from home so I could have coffee on demand .

There is an illy coffee machine and kettle in your cabin. This has the benefits of windows and a view, which the claustrophobic concierge lounge sadly lacks.

We enjoyed the Lounge on this past voyage and was very very helpful.

Doors on each side was open.

Helped with Tours and changing times.

Extra handouts for the Port of Calls to come so we can be be prepped to hit the street.

Coffee or Tea all day.... Early days tea sandwiches....Private quieter TeaTime with all the fixings...

Excellent and better Wifi connections.

Quieter area for reading than the Library.....

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Our concierge too was always very helpful. But a room without natural light is not somewhere I should want to stay a minute longer than necessary, particularly when there are so many alternatives available - like the cabin.

ex,

I too agree with the lounge being in the mid core of the ship but for a short time for pick up's. 

We did not read a lot there but was much quieter than the Library. The Library can be very busy with in and outs and you can see how those reading are disturbed with the traffic.

Also bit be served in the Lounge and you have to buffet yourselve, it was nice and quiet to have Tea and Sweets compared to the one and only experience we had in the Grill Lounge. Crowded and noisy more than the Queens Room. To offer space to anyone wanting to Tea in the Grill Lounge was a task. People waiting till others got up. Items ran out fast. And area's for 4-6 were taken by 2's. So little room for Deck 9 & 10 passengers that wished to Tea. We accomplished our Tea relaxed and quietly in the Lounge and returned to our Cabin. We even enjoyed the Tea Time version at 3:30 on Room Service Menu on our Balcony sailing toward Quebec along the St Larry...

For us the major attraction of the Concierge Lounge is...the Concierge!  Invariably we have a series of issues where we need assistance, and the Concierge is usually very available and very helpful.  So much better than waiting in a long line for the Purser's Office.  And besides the coffee and tea, there is OJ available in the fridg until mid-morning.  I also agree that the lack of windows keeps me from lingering too long.

• Like 1