MDR vs. Blu

LB_NJ

22 hours ago, D C said:

Some people prefer the difference of Blu, we do not and many others share our opinion if you look at the number of "order from the MDR" comments that are made in Blu-related threads. 

I think a lot of people forget or don't realise that CC members who post frequently or even infrequently are definitely not representative of the cruising population at large. 

There are probably 25-30,000 people sailing on Celebrity ships at any one time with maybe 2-3,000 in AQ. I don't think 1 question a week on here about ordering from the MDR menu in Blu indicates that 'many others' share your opinion. Plus most of those questions are whether they can pick the odd menu item from the MDR, not their whole meal every day. 

If the food in Blu was truly so awful then nobody would be paying extra for AQ. But they are paying, and it's often one of the first classes to sell out. At a guess, less than 1% of people order all their meals off the MDR menu. Tbh most people probably don't even realise they can do that. I have a feeling if you handed out the Blu menu in the MDR and gave people the choice, you'd have a lot more than a couple of people ordering from Blu instead. 

Like you said though, it's not to your taste, but food is very subjective and I'm pretty sure you're in the minority with this one. I just watched a Masterchef episode where 2 judges absolutely loved one of the contestants desserts but the 3rd judge said it was awful and far too sweet. Can't please everyone!

I enjoy BLU for certain dishes that I've come to love such as the seared tuna salad. Other than that I usually order from the MDR menu if there isn't something appealing that particular day. That being said, I see a huge benefit on S / M Class because i hate these huge dining rooms with a passion. On Edge Class it doesn't matter as there are so many restaurants and they all feel quite intimate. YMMV

Also, let's not forget there is always Oceanview Cafe and I'm someone who can't deal with eating in a formal setting every single day of the week if I have a choice.