Booking cruise

chitowngal2

Am I able to book a cruise now to take advantage of a sale, even if I don’t know for sure who will be going with me.  For example, if I book for my husband and sister but my mom wants to go instead, can I just swap her in for the other person? What if I book for three and then someone else decides to go, if the room holds 4 can I just add them on later?

thank you.  

12 minutes ago, chitowngal2 said:

Am I able to book a cruise now to take advantage of a sale, even if I don’t know for sure who will be going with me.  For example, if I book for my husband and sister but my mom wants to go instead, can I just swap her in for the other person? What if I book for three and then someone else decides to go, if the room holds 4 can I just add them on later?

thank you.  

You should probably ask this on the CC subforum for the specific cruise line you are considering.  Their "change" policies may differ from other lines.

In general, though, it MIGHT be difficult, impossible, or very expensive to change the names of the cruisers after final payment/penalty phase.  But again, that can vary, as does the timing of those deadlines.

Importantly, IF you want to add another person, say a 4th person to a cabin that shows it can accommodate 4 (but you only started with 3), then it MIGHT be the case that later, you will NOT be able to add a 4th passenger, if the lifeboat capacity has already been filled in that lifeboat section.  Better to add a 4th name, and then remove the name before any penalties for changing, if that is likely.

(It's really not like showing up at a hotel...)

GC

18 hours ago, chitowngal2 said:

thank you.  

You have to read the cruise line's Terms & Conditions, as many of them consider a name change as a cancellation and rebook. You will also have to check what fee is charged to change names.