Honeymoon Questions

kctraveling

Hello Everyone!

My fiancé and I will be sailing on the Wind Spirit in Tahiti on October 19th of 2023 for our honeymoon.

We also intend on staying in a hotel the night before the cruise and an over water bungalow for 2 or 3 nights after the cruise.

This will be both of our first times sailing with Windstar, as well as our first time in Tahiti.

I wanted to post and see if any veterans of the cruise line and/or the area have any recommendations for excursions, hotels, and experiences.    As well as any other tips, or pieces of advice.

For context, I am 30 and she is 26.  We are both  active people who love a good adventure, pretty views, and a nice glass of whiskey or wine.

Thank you in advance for any responses! 

Congratulation. I hope you have a happy, healthy life together. Good Start selection and the Spirit as well. We think Tahiti and the Laguna screams out sails. The beautiful reflections bouncing off the hills into the water. Sailing under a profound umbrella of stars at night. If you love nature and raw beauty you will love Tahiti. We completed the Sicilian Splendors a few weeks ago and we had a 4.5 hour sail along the Amalfi Coast as beautiful as that sail was, we both decided that Tahiti beat it in beauty. Tahiti first and Amalfi second.  Truly two sailing cruise experiences made for sails. This is after 25 sailing cruises with Windstar Cruises. We did the WS's first Tahiti cruise back in 2014, on the Spirit after completing the Pacific crossing, we stayed onboard. We swam with the sharks and the string  rays, we did Michael Pool's  Spinner dolphin excursion fascinating, on the Island of Huahine we saw the blue eyed eels, the ancient Maraes,  " relatives "  of the Moais on Easter Island we had seen, great museum there too, only thing left are the stands because the statues were  built of wood unlike on Easter Island they were rock. Fascinating. We learned, swam,  snorkeled, experienced, was great.Have a grand time. Happy Sailing.

We did the 18 day itinerary in August and it was great.

At the Intercontinental we stayed in the overwater #508 an loved it. Newer and in a great location.

Post cruise while the Hilton and IC were ridiculous for a day room we went to the Le Tahiti by Pearl. Not cheap but better than spending the day at the airport waiting for our night flight.

There was a lot of correspondence regarding snorkeling excursions on this site prior to our august cruise many authored by Petunia. She was very helpful.

Go back to those pages, June, July, for pointers

• 2 weeks later...