Medical questionnaire acknowledgment?

Manchesterford

Hello everyone!

New not just to cruising but also P&O. My brother and I are taking my septuagenarian Mum on Iona later this month for a 14-night cruise. She’s mobile and can manage some steps etc. but needs to take her time and have short ‘breather’ breaks if longer distances are involved. I thought it best to complete the medical questionnaire provided by P&O to assess any level of assistance/accommodations which may be required. This was sent some months back but I haven’t ever received any acknowledgment it was received. As I say, we shouldn’t need any major adaptations or adjustments, but I’d be happier knowing they theoretically should be aware of the status. Is this normal practice for P&O, and should I just assume they have the questionnaire somewhere on file? 

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Manchesterford said:

Hello everyone!

New not just to cruising but also P&O. My brother and I are taking my septuagenarian Mum on Iona later this month for a 14-night cruise. She’s mobile and can manage some steps etc. but needs to take her time and have short ‘breather’ breaks if longer distances are involved. I thought it best to complete the medical questionnaire provided by P&O to assess any level of assistance/accommodations which may be required. This was sent some months back but I haven’t ever received any acknowledgment it was received. As I say, we shouldn’t need any major adaptations or adjustments, but I’d be happier knowing they theoretically should be aware of the status. Is this normal practice for P&O, and should I just assume they have the questionnaire somewhere on file? 

Thank you.

Normally the questionnaire is for passengers in an adapted cabin, to confirm they do need to be in one. But if your Mum does not use a wheelchair,  of her own, then it might be useful to request boarding assistance for which P&O would provide a wheelchair and pusher  to help your mum with boarding and disembarkation back in Southampton.

In fact it may be very useful for her if you hire a wheelchair for the duration of the cruise. The preferred P&O partner for this is Mobility at sea.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Normally the questionnaire is for passengers in an adapted cabin, to confirm they do need to be in one. But if your Mum does not use a wheelchair,  of her own, then it might be useful to request boarding assistance for which P&O would provide a wheelchair and pusher  to help your mum with boarding and disembarkation back in Southampton.

In fact it may be very useful for her if you hire a wheelchair for the duration of the cruise. The preferred P&O partner for this is Mobility at sea.

Thank you for that. I hadn’t really considered hiring any mobility aids but am now thinking that a rollator might come in handy. I don’t suppose anyone has any rough idea how much Mobility at Sea charges for such things? 

4 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Please make sure that the form was sent to accessibility@carnivalukgroup.com

There used to be a different email address which is no longer used, Occasionally the old version of the form was issued by the contact centre.

Thanks, I’ve double-checked and that is the address which I’ve sent the form to, (it’d be quite like me to have made a mistake somewhere, but I don’t think I have on this occasion!) 

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

That should now have changed but will need to double check.

It would be good if they did acknowledge receipt. I always diligently complete them and send them off, but always have a nagging doubt in my mind that they have been received and processed. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It would be good if they did acknowledge receipt. I always diligently complete them and send them off, but always have a nagging doubt in my mind that they have been received and processed. 

They can't be processed, because none of the requests we make are ever auctioned, we always have to request them from the cabin steward.

• Thanks 1