Changed cabins on 2024 cruise, got a big surprise

craig01020

This morning I called to move my balcony cabin on my Oct. 2024 Dawn sailing. I changed from BA to BF category, which is slightly cheaper. The agent expected a price drop of $50. She was shocked when it came out $532 cheaper! Nothing else changed, except for the cabin number.

Not sure why, but I'll take it! 🤗

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

This morning I called to move my balcony cabin on my Oct. 2024 Dawn sailing. I changed from BA to BF category, which is slightly cheaper. The agent expected a price drop of $50. She was shocked when it came out $532 cheaper! Nothing else changed, except for the cabin number.

Not sure why, but I'll take it! 🤗

Is BF the sail away rate?

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Because your OP suggested that you might want to understand what changed and when?  If it's more fun to just say "wow, look at this big surprise," then that's fine too.

I already said that nothing changed but the price.

It may have changed from an angled balcony to a regular one, that info isn’t always clear in the deck plans. Usually I’d expect a cabin with F as the second letter to be the family version with pull out sofa bed and/or pull down bunk which should be more expensive than the standard version. 

36 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

It may have changed from an angled balcony to a regular one, that info isn’t always clear in the deck plans. Usually I’d expect a cabin with F as the second letter to be the family version with pull out sofa bed and/or pull down bunk which should be more expensive than the standard version. 

Nope. the difference is a hull balcony vs. standard one. The price difference is only about $50. Apparently this cruise recently had a price drop that took effect when I changed cabins. Ca-ching!

17 hours ago, eileeshb said:

We always book family balconies because they are midship, the difference is they are close to the kids clubs (which we don’t care about, just like midship close to the elevators and not a low deck). The best locations are A, so an F might not be great 

11 hours ago, pandncruisers said:

I believe the bf on the dawn are forward cabins

They are. They tend to be less desirable than the BA category due to the location on the ship as most except deck 8 are the most forward balcony cabins. That’s why they are priced less than BA. Many of the deck 8 BF cabins are above the the theater. 

Location, Location, location may matter to some people!

Edited by Seas2mountains