Non-Alcoholic Cocktails

New2cruise2022

13 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

How accommodating are bartenders (or the menu) with non-alcoholic drinks (blended and otherwise) when taking a break from the sauce in between adult beverages? Asking for a friend. 

Your "friend" from Utah can order any virgin drinks they want. The bartenders don't care. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your "friend" from Utah can order any virgin drinks they want. The bartenders don't care. 

@BirdTravels Gold medal for a well crafted joke. I’m from Utah, but not from the club so your awareness of the profile and demographic is particularly funny to me. But in all seriousness, I drink too fast for my own good and definitely have learned over the years to find other drinks that I can mix in to help with pacing. I like a nice buzz that never ends, not a sloppy day of drinking. 

• Haha 2

My travel companion does not drink alcohol but still gets the FAS package because he drinks more than $20 a day in  Diet Coke. He gets non-alcoholic Pina Coladas all the time and I even had them make him a non-alcoholic Raspberry Guava Mojito on the Escape (to go with my alcoholic one). As said above, the bartenders don't care.

• Like 2

My husband doesn't drink. He's Russian, he should! But, he doesn't...in April we went with the Free at Sea. In September we did not. He was disappointed his soda package didn't cover virgin drinks outside of the Haven (I told him so, but you know spouses). Anyway, we're getting the Free at Sea for our March cruise - I want to drink all the booze I can handle (like 3 drinks a day) and he wants his virgin drinks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

My husband doesn't drink. He's Russian, he should! But, he doesn't...in April we went with the Free at Sea. In September we did not. He was disappointed his soda package didn't cover virgin drinks outside of the Haven (I told him so, but you know spouses). Anyway, we're getting the Free at Sea for our March cruise - I want to drink all the booze I can handle (like 3 drinks a day) and he wants his virgin drinks.

And I shall drink enough booze and virgin drinks for a couple whilst traveling alone! Glug, glug. 

32 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I have this vision of some bartender swiping my card and saying “Sir, this is your 5th beverage (virgin or otherwise) in the last hour …” 

It happens! The bartender on Getaway at Sugarcane is the cause of me drinking five per hour...I barely get one half finished and he's concocted another yummy drink for me. Sometimes it's ridiculous how much that guy got me to drink...ridiculous in a good way! He also makes fantastic virgin drinks.

12 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

@BirdTravels Gold medal for a well crafted joke. I’m from Utah, but not from the club so your awareness of the profile and demographic is particularly funny to me. But in all seriousness, I drink too fast for my own good and definitely have learned over the years to find other drinks that I can mix in to help with pacing. I like a nice buzz that never ends, not a sloppy day of drinking. 

3-2-1 method works well, but requires a bit of discipline.  3 drinks, 1 water, 2 drinks, 1 water, from then on out, 1 to 1 drinks to water…know where the restrooms are and don’t get on a heater at the craps table when doing this. 

nice little buzz…no pumpkin head in the morning. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1