Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

4 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

good morning everone, this is my absolute last post, today is arrival day in New York (Thursday) leaving in an hour for Dallas airport, tomorrow no internet (Friday), the day, we have all waited for and it will be cruise day.Ā  our ship is at sea 58 temperature, gentle breeze, and 23 knots.

download.png

Just so everyone knows the forecast calls for rain in the AM continuing Friday into Saturday. Some of it will be heavy. Give yourself enough time to travel and pack you patience. Safe travels everyone.Ā  See everyone Saturday.Ā 

• Thanks 1

We are on our way back to New York.Ā  Ā I told the captain that you are all waiting, so don't forget to stop there and you pick up on our way to the Southern Caribbean.Ā 

Today is a sea day so we decided to sleep late and ordered room service.Ā  This was the first time for this cruise that we did room service.Ā  Ā My wife ordered the bacon, egg and cheese on an English muffin sandwich.Ā  I wish I would have tasted a picture before she started eating, but didn't think about it at the time.Ā  She started to eat it, and then decided to deconstruct it.Ā  I now know why Carnival had a so-called 'bacon shortage'.Ā  This is a picture of what she left after already eating a the egg, the bottom of the English muffin and a few slices of the bacon20230928_091104.thumb.jpg.576ff2db18cdffe4977471aed2683ed7.jpg.

All of that bacon and more was stuffed into that sandwich.Ā 

I remember back in the day when they used to put about one and a half slices of bacon on those things.Ā  Ā 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

We are on our way back to New York.Ā  Ā I told the captain that you are all waiting, so don't forget to stop there and you pick up on our way to the Southern Caribbean.Ā 

Today is a sea day so we decided to sleep late and ordered room service.Ā  This was the first time for this cruise that we did room service.Ā  Ā My wife ordered the bacon, egg and cheese on an English muffin sandwich.Ā  I wish I would have tasted a picture before she started eating, but didn't think about it at the time.Ā  She started to eat it, and then decided to deconstruct it.Ā  I now know why Carnival had a so-called 'bacon shortage'.Ā  This is a picture of what she left after already eating a the egg, the bottom of the English muffin and a few slices of the bacon20230928_091104.thumb.jpg.576ff2db18cdffe4977471aed2683ed7.jpg.

I remember back in the day when they used to put about one and a half slices of bacon on those things.Ā  Ā 

Don't leave without us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2023 at 3:46 AM, happycruiser220 said:

I tried fitting my stuff in a carry on, no dice. Taking too many shorts t shirts. I did carry on to Canada last year for 7 days.Ā 

The possible rain messing up my plans to buy the treats Friday before getting to port. Maybe I'll go tomorrow since I'm off from work.

Ā 

lol - I donā€™t know who I was kidding - there is NO WAY my stuff would all fit into a carry-on. Having to pack for the Caribbean and NYC after the cruise was more challenging than I thoughtšŸ˜³ checked bag it is - pray for me that my bag arrives with me in Newark tomorrow morning. See you all soon!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

#savethebacon

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, happycruiser220 said:

Just so everyone knows the forecast calls for rain in the AM continuing Friday into Saturday. Some of it will be heavy. Give yourself enough time to travel and pack you patience. Safe travels everyone.Ā  See everyone Saturday.Ā 

I had to add a checked bag because my patience took up too much space in my carry-on but itā€™s in there!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2023 at 3:46 AM, happycruiser220 said:

I tried fitting my stuff in a carry on, no dice. Taking too many shorts t shirts. I did carry on to Canada last year for 7 days.Ā 

The possible rain messing up my plans to buy the treats Friday before getting to port. Maybe I'll go tomorrow since I'm off from work.

Ā 

If it happens it happens - donā€™t stress about treats - just make sure you bring you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnorkellinGal said:

lol - I donā€™t know who I was kidding - there is NO WAY my stuff would all fit into a carry-on. Having to pack for the Caribbean and NYC after the cruise was more challenging than I thoughtšŸ˜³ checked bag it is - pray for me that my bag arrives with me in Newark tomorrow morning. See you all soon!

You leave tomorrow? šŸ˜²

I'm out here across the river in Newark at the Hilton Home2 Suites with all the comforts and some fellow sailmates of ours tomorrow IĀ  ran into here. Yes please save some bacon for us or there could be a mutiny on our cruise if we run short during that second week!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

I'm out here across the river in Newark at the Hilton Home2 Suites with all the comforts and some fellow sailmates of ours tomorrow IĀ  ran into here. Yes please save some bacon for us or there could be a mutiny on our cruise if we run short during that second week!

Aaarrrrggggg matey walk the plank

12 minutes ago, foundmyMcGyver said:

Hey all, hubby and I arrived safely at Hampton Inn Ridgefield. Almost 90 of us here for shuttles in the morning. Took us almost 4hrs to drive here due to traffic. Didn't hit traffic till we were 10 miles from hotel. šŸ«£ pizza is ordered and we are chilling in our room.Ā 

Nice! Glad you made in safely. Hawaiian pizza? šŸ¤¤šŸ¤¤

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foundmyMcGyver said:

Hawaiian is my favorite but hubby doesn't like it lol! It was meatball pizza.Ā 

Oh he should have had Hawaiian. They'll be plenty of meatballs around the next two weeks on the ship. Of course they may not all be food related.šŸ˜‰

• Haha 4