Singapore Arrival Card

traveljkkk

We are required to request a Singapore Arrival Card 3 days before entry - application cannot exceed a 3-day time period from arrival.  The online application website will not allow outside that 3-day range.  Some USA flight arrangements (including the cross US and then international components) can begin 3 days from Singapore arrival due to the International Date Line.  How do you handle this application process - while waiting in airports during the actual trip?  Is it easy and reliable or is the online application system troublesome? I note this morning that United will not even let me check in for the international leg without the application approval.  I did note online there is a group approval category - does Regent have a group approval?  I see little group discussion of this and wonder if I am working on a non-issue.  If anyone has information about this process, I would appreciate the leads and experiences.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

What did the Regent agent say when you called?

I have not called yet as I am still trying to understand it.  We have not received our pre-cruise FedEx package yet (floating around the US now for 10 days) and I hoped it might contain something that helps. 

I found this at the Singapore website which indicates that it can be done upon arrival:  

Q:

When should I submit my arrival card

A:

You should submit your SG Arrival Card within 3 days prior to the date of your arrival in Singapore, to avoid unnecessary delays during immigration clearance.

That is a relief, however, does not stop United Air from stopping me at International check in so I plan to call them.  After that I will try Regent which can be hard to get to.

When these type of requirements are stated, they usually mean 72 hours before you arrive local time.  So, convert your final arrival time in Singapore to 72 hours earlier.  You don't lose 24 hours of lead time because you cross the date line.

3 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

What did the Regent agent say when you called?

Regent call: I was told this is the first they have heard of issue and agent will forward it to operations to consider in the final cruise-specific email later this week.  The Explorer is on the sea now and the people on the ship can apply on the ship - not a problem.  We are the first at Singapore docking to fly in for an upcoming cruise, so this is a new problem related to Regent just now starting again in Singapore since the Covid pullback.  Also, I was told they do not do "group applications".

United Air said that this is to be handled at our first airport and not to worry.

Time remains to get further direction.  We will just go with the flow and make it work on the day of initial travel whether by car, plane or waiting area - I hope.