Beach within walking distance of Nassau cruise port?

Wayfairers

We were there in February and really enjoyed it.  It's a fairly easy walk, and we got a couple of chairs and an umbrella for a decent price.  Good deals on local beer, though food seemed a bit expensive.  We had heard rumors of aggressive vendors but did not see that at all.  In fact, there was a noticeable security presence.

5 hours ago, Cuckoo7 said:

We were there in February and really enjoyed it.  It's a fairly easy walk, and we got a couple of chairs and an umbrella for a decent price.  Good deals on local beer, though food seemed a bit expensive.  We had heard rumors of aggressive vendors but did not see that at all.  In fact, there was a noticeable security presence.

Thank you!   Good to know the umbrellas and chairs weren’t overpriced.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, Cuckoo7 said:

What is 'chair & umbrella' for a decent price? I'll be solo as well, so not inclined to pay for two of anything... which you may or may not be able to lend insight on. 🙂

On 12/4/2022 at 6:51 AM, bailey57 said:

What is 'chair & umbrella' for a decent price? I'll be solo as well, so not inclined to pay for two of anything... which you may or may not be able to lend insight on. 🙂

Yeah, can't say how much one would be.  If I remember right, it was two loungers, an umbrella and a little cabana area with table and two chairs for $25.  They set up the loungers and umbrella where we wanted.  We didn't haggle, but I believe others have reported doing so and getting them a bit cheaper, depending on how busy it is.  We didn't use the cabana much at all, since we decided not to eat there.   

On 12/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, Cuckoo7 said:

Yeah, can't say how much one would be.  If I remember right, it was two loungers, an umbrella and a little cabana area with table and two chairs for $25.  They set up the loungers and umbrella where we wanted.  We didn't haggle, but I believe others have reported doing so and getting them a bit cheaper, depending on how busy it is.  We didn't use the cabana much at all, since we decided not to eat there.   

Thanks for your reply. 🙂