recommendations for a private guide to go on a day trip outside of Amsterdam

RMLLEL

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a guide to pick us (2 people) up at our hotel in Amsterdam and take us on a day trip outside of Amsterdam?  Any recommendations on where to go?  We could either do a 1/2 day or a whole day.

Thanks.

Any recommendations on where to go?  We could either do a 1/2 day or a whole day.

We found DIYing and using public transport very straightforward as we did some homework before leaving home.

Visited Volendam and Marken  using public transport.

Also had a little over a half day at Zansee Schans, again using public transport

And most of  a day at Keukenhof Gardens, although we stopped off at Haarlem on the return for some sightseeing and dinner before returning to Amsterdam very  late evening as our train ticket allowed that stop off. We used public transport but at that time had one of these integrated tickets which covered transport from Amsterdam, trains and the bus which ran between the station and the entrance to Keukenhof.  I cannot remember if it also included entrance to the gardens or if we paid that separately on arrival.

I would agree that these are all really really touristy things to do, but we were tourists and it was our first visit to the Netherlands.

Edited by edinburgher