where to have breakfast?

dazadelaide

They have brunch in both The Wake and Razzle Dazzle.  You can't make reservations until you are onboard.  We did both twice and it did not seem that busy any of those times, so I imagine it would be possible to just walk up.  

Walk up or short notice reservations are often possible for brunch at the Wake and Razzle Dazzle but you can book once onboard. Not sure if number of bookings is restricted, but given walk up is often possible you should be okay. 

Walk ups are available any time that seating is available (they'll save seats for those with reservations).  Razzle Dazzle does breakfast, a short break, and then lunch/brunch.  The Wake is open continuously from opening, but adds additional items to the menu at noon.  On our cruise there was no limit to the number of reservations we could make at either place.  We were turned away from walk up seating at The Wake once as they were full, but they made us a  reservation for the next day.  We went to Razzle Dazzle and were seated.

You can make same day reservations at any time IF there are spaces, so yes, you can wake up at 9 and make a 9:30 reservation if it is available.  The app will show available times for that day...but if you don't see a reservation time, there may still be walk ups.  A reservation is held 15 minutes after the scheduled time; if the party doesn't show up, that table becomes available for a walk up.

We had about 1400 on our cruise.  The only time we couldn't do a walk up at either brunch/breakfast or dinner was the one time I detailed above.  We even got our favorite server at Razzle Dazzle most of the time.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Walk ups are available any time that seating is available (they'll save seats for those with reservations).  Razzle Dazzle does breakfast, a short break, and then lunch/brunch. 

Pretty sure Razzle Dazzle now just serves one menu straight through breakfast to brunch too.

• Like 1

We were okay with walking up for both The Wake and Razzle Dazzle on day 1 and 2 but after that we were turned away from both the next time saying they were full and we need a reservation. Told us to come back after 10am but that was too late for us, lesson learned. So we ended up making reservations for breakfast/brunch after that. (We cruised 10/14-10/19, not sure how many people we had sailing but the ship seemed very full).

Edited by Sherry84
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Pretty sure Razzle Dazzle now just serves one menu straight through breakfast to brunch too.

We didn't notice a change in the menu, but they did list a short "break."  Great if they no longer do that!

29 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

We didn't notice a change in the menu, but they did list a short "break."  Great if they no longer do that!

Do they charge the $5 room service fee if only ordering coffee?  thanks

• Like 1

21 hours ago, surfone said:

21 hours ago, surfone said:

The $5 is a service charge on the delivery. It is waived if you order ANYTHING that has a cost.  So yes, if all you order is coffee, you'll see the $5 delivery fee.  On the other hand, you can order a premium coffee, tea, expresso, hot chocolate, or cold pressed juice and pay for the cost of the item. Or order a bottle of beer to put in the fridge for later!   Previous post is right--a $3 expresso or $4 hot chocolate waives the $5 delivery charge.

Just FYI, the hot chocolate is made from powder mix (think Swiss Miss), and mixed with milk.  My travel companion was NOT impressed with it.  The regular coffee in The Galley  (the free stuff) is made from coffee beans, not from syrup, and it is good. The ice tea is made from syrup....so I'd brew my own from a tea bag and then pour it over ice.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cantgetin said:

The $5 is a service charge on the delivery. It is waived if you order ANYTHING that has a cost.  So yes, if all you order is coffee, you'll see the $5 delivery fee.  On the other hand, you can order a premium coffee, tea, expresso, hot chocolate, or cold pressed juice and pay for the cost of the item. Or order a bottle of beer to put in the fridge for later!   Previous post is right--a $3 expresso or $4 hot chocolate waives the $5 delivery charge.

Just FYI, the hot chocolate is made from powder mix (think Swiss Miss), and mixed with milk.  My travel companion was NOT impressed with it.  The regular coffee in The Galley  (the free stuff) is made from coffee beans, not from syrup, and it is good. The ice tea is made from syrup....so I'd brew my own from a tea bag and then pour it over ice.

Thanks for the info.  I've been looking for travel coffee makers.  Yeah,  the $5 is a good deal though.....I'd do a few lattes.  We always tip for room service and I assume the same here as well even with delivery charge.

19 minutes ago, surfone said:

Thanks for the info.  I've been looking for travel coffee makers.  Yeah,  the $5 is a good deal though.....I'd do a few lattes.  We always tip for room service and I assume the same here as well even with delivery charge.

VV is a "no tipping" culture.  The crew members have reported that they earn about 3 times as much in salary as they made on other lines where they were tipped.  In the spa, the crew refused a tip when offered. She explained that they are very well paid and tipping was not permitted.  You can offer cash to the delivery person, but it is not expected and may be refused!  Yes, I normally tip on other lines.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cantgetin said:

VV is a "no tipping" culture.  The crew members have reported that they earn about 3 times as much in salary as they made on other lines where they were tipped.  In the spa, the crew refused a tip when offered. She explained that they are very well paid and tipping was not permitted.  You can offer cash to the delivery person, but it is not expected and may be refused!  Yes, I normally tip on other lines.

This is word for word what you wrote on fb. And everyone else Sid they tipped in spa.

8 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

This is word for word what you wrote on fb. And everyone else Sid they tipped in spa.

no - tips included means tips included.  it seems there's a very vocal minority that insists on continuing the tipping culture and has to walk around with wads of cash (literally the only way to tip someone on VV, if they'll even accept).  i have been to the spa plenty, and i've never heard of someone tipping there.

we had a group of older folks on one of our voyages that haaaad to make sure everyone knew they brought a stack of $2 bills to tip bartenders.  guess what?  we got better service than they did because we weren't being obnoxious!  we (gasp) politely waited our turn to order a drink (not long), transacted and had a drink in no time. 

we've also seen reports of people tipping their rockstar agents/roadies many hundreds of dollars, and, again, making sure everyone knows that they've provided such a great amount.  this seems to be a mostly a US-centric "savior" move to make themselves feel good about interacting in the service industry.  your higher voyage fare already pays VV's crew's higher-than-other-lines salary, and your feedback + onboard spend provides them with cash bonuses + perks like time off during their contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/18/2022 at 3:30 AM, dazadelaide said:

Hi all,

can anyone please let me know if breakfast is available at any restaurants besides the galley.

If so do you have to book like dinner and can you go more than once per restaurant like dinner.

Thanks 

Daz

One thing I will say that was ridiculously good for breakfast is the French Toast Burger at The Burger Bar in The Galley. Just over the top ridiculous in a good way. Good item to split with someone else. 

We did brunch in both Razzle Dazzle and The Wake and both were delicious. As others noted, we had reservations but neither was completely booked when we went. 

We did Razzle Dazzle several days as walk up. Never did a reservation there. The Wake, we did a walk up once, and as above were turned away once so made a reservation. The Galley wasn't bad....just wasn't always great.  Depending on what you want, Grounds Club had great muffins, croissants, etc. 

3 hours ago, dazadelaide said:

we keep hearing that there are problems at breakfast at the galley re slow service, cold food etc,

so we thought a different venue might be a better choice.

We are fairly early risers and on sea days (when most people are sleeping in) we had no problems at The Galley.  It was on a port day when everyone was trying to get ready to go out and about that it was more of an issue.  

• Like 1

Carbo-Dazzle Nutella stuffed french toast with roasted banana, whipped cream, maple syrup, choice of: bacon, bangers, & smoked salmon

Is room service the only way to get the Nutella French Toast ?  Or is it served other places as well ?  Have you tried this, how was it ?  French Toast is by far my favorite, over waffles or pancakes.  Plus, Nutella yummm and roasted bananas !  (french toast tip for at home over the holidays: make it with eggnog & eggs instead of milk & eggs, you can even add a little cinnamon and nutmeg and/or pumpkin pie spice)  

COFFEE : if we order the complimentary coffee from room service, is it one cup, or does it come in a carafe ?  If in a carafe, approx how many cups in the carafe ?  (yes I know about the $5 delivery fee being waived if you purchase an item on your order)

Coffee comes in a carafe that is more like a thermos.  It holds about 2 cups.  I don't know what happens if you order more than one--bigger thermos or multiple small ones. Various kinds of French Toast are available in many places on board--Razzle Dazzle has "fairy toast," The Wake has French Toast, Diner and Dash has a variety as well as the French Toast burger.  In addition, Diner and Dash will make the Nutella french toast for you.  Most places in The Galley will make things to order, provided they have the ingredients at their station.  

Pizza works the same way--they have the varieties on the menu, but they will customize using any ingredients they have.

32 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Coffee comes in a carafe that is more like a thermos.  It holds about 2 cups. 
(snip)
In addition, Diner and Dash will make the Nutella french toast for you. 

Great, thanks.  Yeh, we have 10 connecting cabins, so lots of coffee, lol !

Awesome to know about the Nutella french toast at Diner & Dash, yay.  Do you know if its the same as the room service one with the roasted bananas etc.

2 hours ago, angela12345 said:

Great, thanks.  Yeh, we have 10 connecting cabins, so lots of coffee, lol !

Awesome to know about the Nutella french toast at Diner & Dash, yay.  Do you know if its the same as the room service one with the roasted bananas etc.

Don’t set your expectations too high, I couldn’t tell the banana was roasted. It was about four slices of ripe banana in fairly average French toast with Nutella spread on it with some strawberries on the side. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, angela12345 said:

Never got it from room service, so I can't say whether it is the same or not.

• Like 1