How much does a can of coke cost on NCL?

rabidstoat

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nothing stops you from asking for "light ice" or "no ice". We do that all the time. 

Likewise, nothing stops you from getting the package and pouring your own in the Garden Cafe. Getting the package also softens the expectation of the perfect pour. It allows for the law if averages to catch up and deliver enough satisfaction to ignore some of the less perfect pours. 

55 minutes ago, destar said:

Not to offend anyone, I understand if you don't drink alcohol and have no need for the drink package. But if you are penny pinching about the price of a drink, then you shouldn't be on that cruise.

Oh stop pontificating. If someone has ten to 12 drinks per day, over the course of a seven day cruise, because they want cans, that's going to add up. It's possible they have a certain amount of savings, sometimes over years, for their cruise. Let people cruise. It's their money, their savings, their decision. They can come to Cruise Critic to get advice on how best to save money/prepare for their cruise. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Likewise, nothing stops you from getting the package and pouring your own in the Garden Cafe. Getting the package also softens the expectation of the perfect pour. It allows for the law if averages to catch up and deliver enough satisfaction to ignore some of the less perfect pours. 

I don't think one can pour their own soda in the Garden Cafe. Maybe I'm wrong as I don't spend a lot of time in the buffet, but I don't believe I've ever seen soda dispensers in there in real life or on vlogger videos. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't think one can pour their own soda in the Garden Cafe. Maybe I'm wrong as I don't spend a lot of time in the buffet, but I don't believe I've ever seen soda dispensers in there in real life or on vlogger videos. 

I thought I had seen pictures of new coke machines that dispense with a card swipe. 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh stop pontificating. If someone has ten to 12 drinks per day, over the course of a seven day cruise, because they want cans, that's going to add up. It's possible they have a certain amount of savings, sometimes over years, for their cruise. Let people cruise. It's their money, their savings, their decision. They can come to Cruise Critic to get advice on how best to save money/prepare for their cruise. 

I am a budget guy, but I also like the problem solving. It’s a puzzle to understand how things are charged and where to capture value. 

Instead of concluding who should or should not be able to cruise, just state how you cruise (with or without a drink package, or without a care for the money) and let others decide whether they belong on the cruise or not. Value is relative. Nothing that says a passenger buying the lowest fare in the worst inside cabin, the furthest away from everything can’t have just as good (or better) time than the person in the fanciest suite with the most accommodating butler and every add-on available. CC is a great place to find value … WITHOUT judgment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I thought I had seen pictures of new coke machines that dispense with a card swipe. 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

I think you're right about the Prima. Maybe this will roll out, or is currently rolling out on other ships? Yay technology! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, destar said:

Not to offend anyone, I understand if you don't drink alcohol and have no need for the drink package. But if you are penny pinching about the price of a drink, then you shouldn't be on that cruise.

Exactly what I was thinking. Short of the most preposterous, ridiculously unlikely scenario (e.g. it's POSSIBLE a meteor could hit Earth right now and kill us all), I refuse to believe that someone fussing over the cost of a can of soda has the coin to afford a cruise in the first place.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

*Should be a place without judgment. Hahahaha

(Always going to be people on forums that are just there to measure their perceived life against strangers.)

100% agree! And welcome to Cruise Critic. It's always good for an unintentional laugh, like the people who boast about doing back-to-back cruises in the Haven at $7,500 per person and then balk at paying $40 for a Bermuda Travel Authorization (no longer necessary), or the ones whose cruises were "absolutely ruined" because their favorite champagne was served 2 degrees too warm. 🤣 I love this site but we are an entitled bunch sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Should be a place without judgment. Hahahaha

(Always going to be people on forums that are just there to measure their perceived life against strangers.)

We are not judging anybody, we are saying that some people cry and complain about any little mishap that they have on their cruise. 

54 minutes ago, destar said:

We are not judging anybody, we are saying that some people cry and complain about any little mishap that they have on their cruise. 

I understand your perspective and it was well explained by @DCGuy64in his examples. Give this newb a little time, I’ll come around. Haha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

We spent 11 days on the Prima and never found the card swipe Coke dispenser.  I have seen pictures of it that people posted.   Where is it located?

I thought maybe it was in the Hydration station that was never open on our cruise?   

Was it somewhere in the Buffet?  (That we didn't go to)   

If anyone can tell us where that machine is located, I would appreciate it for our next Prima cruise!

31 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We spent 11 days on the Prima and never found the card swipe Coke dispenser.  I have seen pictures of it that people posted.   Where is it located?

I thought maybe it was in the Hydration station that was never open on our cruise?   

Was it somewhere in the Buffet?  (That we didn't go to)   

If anyone can tell us where that machine is located, I would appreciate it for our next Prima cruise!

It is in the Indulge Food Hall. It is in the beverage station, sort of hidden behind a wall, so no surprise you did not see it. On the TA, there was no card swipe and the soda was free. Not sure if that has changed recently. There is a 2nd one in the Studio Lounge.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

It is in the Indulge Food Hall. It is in the beverage station, sort of hidden behind a wall, so no surprise you did not see it. On the TA, there was no card swipe and the soda was free. Not sure if that has changed recently. There is a 2nd one in the Studio Lounge.

Wow, we certainly missed that.  We ate several times in Indulge but I guess we didn't walk around enough after we found a booth or table to sit at.

• Like 1