Currently On Sirena - Questions?

samiam0403

8 hours ago, Stockjock said:

... I don't have a drink package (didn't do O-Life), so is it correct that we can bring all of the wine that we want onboard?  Do you know what the corkage fee is?

For the recent Sirena cruise in the E. Caribbean (11/18-28/2022) I brought my normal 6 bottles of wine. Just in a simple fabric carrying bag. People watched and smiled as I pushed it in line on the ground with my foot. AND I brought a 6-pack of beer in a suitcase. No problems.

Do NOT forget you can bring back beer, hard liquor, and wine from ports. I brought back beer and hard liquor (rum) from St Vincent, Dominica, San Juan and Puerto Plata to my veranda stateroom to enjoy nightly.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Looking forward to it.  Hopefully the GF will too.  She almost turned down a "free" cruise on Oceania, lol.

Just remember that any wine brought onboard must be consumed in your cabin or in one of the restaurants (with a corkage fee of $25 pb).  Walking around the ships public areas or going to a restaurant with a glass of wine from your stash is not permitted.  We continue to hope folks will follow the rules and not jeopardize O's generous wine policy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Service was excellent in Red Ginger both times we ate there.  We were even able to make the 9:30 show the other night. Red Ginger has been available for “day-of” reservations.  No luck with Tuscan yet, but they do maintain a wait list and will notify you if they receive a cancellation.

1 hour ago, friendsoftulie said:

Service was excellent in Red Ginger both times we ate there.  We were even able to make the 9:30 show the other night. Red Ginger has been available for “day-of” reservations.  No luck with Tuscan yet, but they do maintain a wait list and will notify you if they receive a cancellation.

When can we make specialty reservations again?  I think I just read it, but I'm not seeing it.

On Sirena, is there more than one Specialty Restaurant?  Can we make no cost reservations for more than one?  And I presume that one cannot eat in a single specialty restaurant more than once per cruise, correct?

You should be able to book in both Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak beginning the date shown on your Booking Statement. No Charge.  Additional reservations can be made while on board based on availability. We find that additional dates are available each day in one or both restaurants, time can also be an issue but if flexible, you will probably be successful. 
Enjoy your first O cruise, forget the big ships unless you are into a major party mode 

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

When can we make specialty reservations again?  I think I just read it, but I'm not seeing it.

On Sirena, is there more than one Specialty Restaurant?  Can we make no cost reservations for more than one?  And I presume that one cannot eat in a single specialty restaurant more than once per cruise, correct?

The Sirena has two (2) Specialty Restaurants; the Tuscan Steak, and Red Ginger. Each cruiser is guaranteed one reservation in each restaurant. Additional reservations can be obtained daily either by one’s butler or at the Specialty reservations desk, which is located on Deck 5 on Sirena. I believe booking hours begins at 09:00.

The ability to obtain additional reservations vary primarily depending upon:

1.  Current passenger count on the ship;

2.  Length of cruise;

3.  Cabin category .

As an example, on a full ship on a seven day cruise; you have every one guaranteed one reservation in each restaurant. Many cruisers will not pre book Embarkment day or the last night in a Specialty. That leaves five nights for reservations. With each restaurant’s capacity being about 20% of the passengers, the number of additional reservations, beyond the guaranteed are highly limited. This is especially the case if not in a PH or above. To say that reservations are likely or even possible every night is ludicrous. Some nights, not even your butler can get you In unless you’re in a very top suite.

On the other hand, if one is on a 15 day or so cruise, lots of availability exists for extra ( non guaranteed) reservations. After their singular one guaranteed evening, you’ll find many are more satisfied with the convenience and flexibility of the GDR or Terrace ( buffet) yielding more booking opportunities. Again flexibility with time and table sharing increases the chances for additional nights.

• Like 1

For this Sirena cruise in a Concierge Verandah we had two nights each in the speciality restaurants. We actually really enjoyed eating outside in the Terrace Cafe in the warm Caribbean air. 

Need to put the alarm on Friday to book the speciality restaurants on the Marina for February! 60 days pre-departure. Will be early doors in the UK

On 12/4/2022 at 5:45 AM, pinotlover said:

Julie left the Sirena in Lisbon near the end of October. I think she said her next rotation starts prior to Christmas.

Julie was CD during our Sirena "Whimsical Europe" cruise in September.  She was a delight:  efficient, friendly, and seemed to be everywhere on the ship at any one time.  If we need to choose between future Oceania cruises anytime soon, we would certainly choose the one she's on.