Piano Bar on Luminosa

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Is like a giant round keyboard around a grand piano and the keys are the bar .20221010_181722.thumb.jpg.a9c4d85bef56fae9918598d8cdfa7825.jpg

Thank you  That is interesting design   Is it popular?  What kind of music does the piano player play?  

I have been on cruises where some passengers attend the Piano Bar every night. 

25 minutes ago, highflier01 said:

Currently on Luminosa. No piano keys in sight in Piano Bar, except for on the ol’ goanna!

Only 3rd day, very popular and nice decor.

8A0FA56C-0A4A-4479-808A-42053508B60D.jpeg

A6778E89-C056-44D9-90C5-909B0DEE7947.jpeg

Thank you.  Very bright and colourful.  Glad it is popular.  In my experience, piano bars are something cruise lines do well.  

I will say I was a little disappointed by the fact that this is actually a main walkway from the MDR to the rest of the ship, so at times there is heavy foot traffic between the pianist and the seated area. Sort of kills the ambience somewhat.

13 minutes ago, giddy_up said:

I will say I was a little disappointed by the fact that this is actually a main walkway from the MDR to the rest of the ship, so at times there is heavy foot traffic between the pianist and the seated area. Sort of kills the ambience somewhat.

That is a shame.  I've never seen that set up. Surely they can arrange seated area better so there is not a thoroughfare of heavy foot traffic through the seated area,  Who designs these things?  Obviously not a music lover.  I go to Senior Concerts in Sydney and seat where I can see the pianist's hands, such is my love of music!