Canceled Reservations Made with Gift Card

NanoGirl21

I made steakhouse reservations using a gift card. I’d like to change the date/time. Since slots are going fast, I don’t want to wait until I’m onboard in February to make an adjustment. If I cancel in Cruise Manger does the money go to onboard credit or will I be mailed a new gift card? I know I can call Fun Shops, but I don’t have time to be on hold all day. I’d rather try to do this myself.

9 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

Thank you.

No problem. I recently had to change My daughter's cruise and we cancelled a cheers purchase that was made mostly with OBC but I had paid about 13 dollars with a gift card. I had forgotten that and one day a FEDEX envelope was sitting on my porch for the 13 dollars. Seems like a very inefficient way costwise for Carnival to send back 13 dollars via FEDEX but they do it. I would think an email with an egift card would save them a ton of money. They have done the egift card once or twice but it is rare. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

No problem. I recently had to change My daughter's cruise and we cancelled a cheers purchase that was made mostly with OBC but I had paid about 13 dollars with a gift card. I had forgotten that and one day a FEDEX envelope was sitting on my porch for the 13 dollars. Seems like a very inefficient way costwise for Carnival to send back 13 dollars via FEDEX but they do it. I would think an email with an egift card would save them a ton of money. They have done the egift card once or twice but it is rare. 

We had Cucina booked last spring with gift cards and it was during the brief break when they had staffing issues. Every reservation was canceled fleetwide and I got a $30 gift card in the mail about a week later. If you booked the steakhouse before they raised the price you might want to call and try to change the date over the phone? 

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

It's been almost a month since I canceled my reservation and rebooked. I still have not received my refund, email, or notification from any shipping company of an incoming package. I'm concerned. 

Most of our refunds have come as physical cards delivered by Fedex.  One refund was an egift card sent via email.  You may want to double check your email.

54 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

It's been almost a month since I canceled my reservation and rebooked. I still have not received my refund, email, or notification from any shipping company of an incoming package. I'm concerned. 

In the month you been waiting this could have been handled with Carnival on day 1. The hold time is definitely not that long. It's now been a month and you still will have to contact them.

20 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

In the month you been waiting this could have been handled with Carnival on day 1. The hold time is definitely not that long. It's now been a month and you still will have to contact them.

what number and options are you selecting? When I call I’m on hold for over an hour without talking to anyone. 

3 hours ago, NanoGirl21 said:

what number and options are you selecting? When I call I’m on hold for over an hour without talking to anyone. 

Point is you posted complained about wait time , but have been waiting over a month on cruise critic hoping Carnival does what you want.

I don't wait on the phone my pvp does changes for me.