Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review with Lots of Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

7 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Great detailed review and yes I find it very helpful. My wife and I will be sailing NS for our first HA cruise on 12/10. 
OP our cruise is a 7 day Southern Caribbean on NS. Can you tell me what the gentlemen were wearing on formal nights on your cruise? I would assume it will be much of the same for ours.

There were more suits and sports coats than I expected, but most were just like every other night.  I’m didn’t wear a tie but didn’t pay attention to others. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Great detailed review and yes I find it very helpful. My wife and I will be sailing NS for our first HA cruise on 12/10. 
OP our cruise is a 7 day Southern Caribbean on NS. Can you tell me what the gentlemen were wearing on formal nights on your cruise? I would assume it will be much of the same for ours.

My wife and I (and friends; 3 other couples) will be on NS with you in a couple of weeks.  It is our first HAL cruise.  I plan to bring slacks and a mix of button downs and polos.  I'll only bring a sports coat if I have extra room in my luggage.  I'm still debating on nicer shoes vs just wearing sneakers as we plan to hit up the dance floor after dinner and I'd rather not have to stop back to the room.

• Thanks 1

Helpful review & great pictures. Thank you for the effort. It definitely had much needed current information I have been looking for . Our cruise on NS will be in March / Caribbean. Would it be safe to think the MDR menus will be the same ?  

8 hours ago, Maisyboo said:

Helpful review & great pictures. Thank you for the effort. It definitely had much needed current information I have been looking for . Our cruise on NS will be in March / Caribbean. Would it be safe to think the MDR menus will be the same ?  

I’m glad the review was helpful.   I am hopeful that the slimmer menus were for lower capacity sailings, but there is no way to know. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

We were in a Neptune Suite and they gave us one large bottle.  We had to pay if we wanted more. 

If ordering and paying for a large bottle of water as opposed to getting a bottle of water and having it count as one of the drinks in the beverage package would seem to make sense.

10 minutes ago, Mapu said:

If ordering and paying for a large bottle of water as opposed to getting a bottle of water and having it count as one of the drinks in the beverage package would seem to make sense.

I’m fine with filling my bottle with the delicious tap water. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Thank you for posting the review. We will be on the ship next May.

When do you leave for your Christmas Markets cruise?  Really looking forward to reading about it!

We leave on Wednesday and will return on the 17th.  That review won’t be done till probably after New Years.  But hopefully sooner. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mapu said:

Is that on deck 9 near the Seaview Bar?

Yes, correct.  The Sun Bar on 11 was also a designated outdoor smoking area when the ship was launched but I can not say if that is still the case. 

56 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Since we don't smoke anymore, I didn't pay attention to it; but I am glad that you did get an answer.

I just realized we are neighbors. We don't live in Wellington but are southeast of there.

26 minutes ago, Mapu said:

I just realized we are neighbors. We don't live in Wellington but are southeast of there.

Howdy neighbor!  I used to live in Boynton Beach, hence my CC name.  I sold my house in April and moved in with my girlfriend in Wellington.  I love this part of PB County. 

Just now, MVPinBoynton said:

Howdy neighbor!  I used to live in Boynton Beach, hence my CC name.  I sold my house in April and moved in with my girlfriend in Wellington.  I love this part of PB County. 

1 minute ago, MVPinBoynton said:

We are actually a Lake Worth address . The BB post office didn't want to add our community to its rolls. 

• Haha 1