Queen Victoria What to wear !

Holidayfun141

Hi we are on our first Cunard Cruise this week. It’s only 4 nights but can I please ask any Cunard regular customers out there.

Do most people dress up even on a 4 night cruise ?
I have plenty of evening dresses but don’t want to look out of place, especially on the first and last night.

OH always wears a jacket and Tuxedo on Gala nights.

Queen Victoria looks stunning and we can’t wait to board.

Sorry if the question has been asked before.

I've only been in one QV shortie and that was years ago but my feeling at the time was passengers  definitely dressed up. What to wear depends on your interpretation of evening dresses.

As you are up for it, I would say cocktail wear for the non Gala nights [all of them] and long [if you have long] for the Gala. 

You won't be out of place. Enjoy. She's our favourite ship. 🙂

• Like 1

Last month we were on a 4 nighter to Amsterdam and found virtually all enjoyed dressing very well in the evening including the formal night.

I have just looked at the thread at the top of this board re dress codes for cruises, and it appears that it is a Black & White Ball on the 27th. Easy to do and looks sophisticated: you will certainly feel very comfortable in evening wear for this formal evening.

Other nights, dressy wear will be fine, so get out the shoes and bags and make the most of your time aboard!

Have you looked on your “my booking” page that tells you the dress code for each evening and other info?

Enjoy, and think you will find the ship ready for Christmas 🎄!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holidayfun141 said:

Hi we are on our first Cunard Cruise this week. It’s only 4 nights but can I please ask any Cunard regular customers out there.

Do most people dress up even on a 4 night cruise ?
I have plenty of evening dresses but don’t want to look out of place, especially on the first and last night.

OH always wears a jacket and Tuxedo on Gala nights.

Queen Victoria looks stunning and we can’t wait to board.

Sorry if the question has been asked before.

They certainly do. For many guests on these four night mini cruises it is usually to Celebrate a special occasion . Everyone will  make an effort after 6pm a sense of occasion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are onboard QV now and the vast majority of ladies are dressed very elegantly every evening and many gentlemen are wearing jackets, some with a tie.
On the formal evenings ladies are wearing smart cocktail or beautiful long evening dresses and most gentlemen are wearing a dinner suit …. the dress code is very well adhered to.  
My husband and I commented to one another a couple of evenings ago that most people on this cruise appear to be embracing the opportunity to dress up and are enjoying the opportunity to do so.   It is very nice to see and be a part of !!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You can never be overdressed on Cunard.

Even on non gala evenings (and in our 30s) I enjoy putting on my jacket and tie…. It seems the only occasion I get to wear them these days seeing as the office is getting so casual!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1