Rome Excursions: Must Include Vatican/Trevi Fountain/Spanish Steps/Colosseum

ajtraveler66

Our ship's Rome excursions have yet to be posted for our April cruise.

Two in our party have been to Rome before, and we look forward to seeing the Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, and Colosseum once again.  However, we did not get to see the Spanish Steps and a few other highlights.

So...we are wondering if there are any reputable private shore excursion companies that could pick us up at the port in Civitechhia and provide tickets to the Vatican for us ... along with allowing us to see some hand-picked sites in Rome (especially those mentioned in the title).  Seeing only the exterior of the Colosseum is adequate.  We could save time by not having to go into the interior. 

We look forward to your input.

Edited by ajtraveler66

We toured with italytours.eu and saw all of those things (and paid extra to see the inside of the Colosseum - which I don't suggest if going during peak season bc by the time we got through security we had 20 minutes at most inside).  There is another thread on here regarding the tour company and the many people recommending them.  The tour of the Vatican lasted a couple hours and had a separate guide specific for the Vatican.  We also spent 15/20 minutes our so at each of the  Pantheon, Spanish steps, Trevi Fountian, etc.  Rome is so hard because there is so much to see in a day! It is definitely a place I need to get back to and either embark or disembark from so I can explore more than just a day. I'll log in from my phone and try to post some pics from our tour.

19F551AF-62D6-4004-BC0B-6AA6E7AA7A61.jpeg

5C9DCC1C-2CF8-4E61-BC85-7F708B38BA03.jpeg

703D69E1-02E2-4723-9B82-AE761B06F0FE.jpeg

F1A33EE0-334B-40B4-B25A-0850EC5AC411.jpeg

BEBFDE01-A2EE-403B-969A-707452383CD7.jpeg

A53D7626-DE8E-4AB0-A20C-DD0C08B93D43.jpeg

Edited by erby2283
Add pics