Port Everglades - oh the joy...

Tom-n-Cheryl

37 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Why not drive down the day before and save all the stress?

We've done that many times in the past, but it partially negates the "living in central Florida" advantage. By the time we stay at a nice hotel, maybe add in valet, a couple of meals - it might add in a good $300+. Plus, there's the added hassle factor associated with having to also pack for a hotel stay.

We were on the fence, but decided to drive this one on the day of. That turned out to be a good call, as we had a 10am showing of our home, which added in some other complications.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:27 AM, RedneckBob said:

PE was a mess on Sunday due to wind and rain in the morning, very heavy when we disembarked at 9:45 am. The traffic to and from the port was terrible and I expect this carried over to the afternoon with six ships in port. Our family waited an hour for a shuttle bus to the airport and just made their 11:30 am flight after leaving ship at 9 am. It was all about the weather. As far as the parking garage it appeared to be full when we docked. Never seen the top open deck with so many cars parked.

I think the city would benefit from a Skyrail or train that runs between PEV and FLL, but I know it's easier said than done.

9 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Does anyone have parking info for t25? We are sailing from there first time in January and I’m struggling to work it ot

thanks in advance

You'll park at the Palm Garage (walking distance) unless you get there after it fills up, in which case you'll have to find/drive to the Northport garage and take a shuttle back.

On this map I've circled terminal #29 (where the Reflection docks... and no parking), terminal #29 and the nearby Palm parking garage, as well as the back-up Convention Center parking @ the Northport garage.

i-8Fcnrcz-X3.gif

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

You'll park at the Palm Garage (walking distance) unless you get there after it fills up, in which case you'll have to find/drive to the Northport garage and take a shuttle back.

On this map I've circled terminal #29 (where the Reflection docks... and no parking), terminal #29 and the nearby Palm parking garage, as well as the back-up Convention Center parking @ the Northport garage.

i-8Fcnrcz-X3.gif

Tom

Much appreciated thank you!

Guest 4-2-N-8
13 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Does anyone have parking info for t25? We are sailing from there first time in January and I’m struggling to work it ot

thanks in advance

Which cruise in January?

Can't help with parking, however, as I have car service for my transfers.

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

On this map I've circled terminal #29 (where the Reflection docks... and no parking), terminal #25 and the nearby Palm parking garage, as well as the back-up Convention Center parking @ the Northport garage.

Tom

Sorry -  Corrected that to show as terminal 25.

• Thanks 1

BTW - horrible internet service on the Reflection... Started the week at an already low of 0.70 Mbps, and the last couple of days have been as low as (OFF-0, to 0.05Mbps)! Drops the connection a lot at those crawling speeds...

They've giving away too many internet packages - beyond what they can support.

Tom

On 11/21/2022 at 4:30 PM, WNcruiser said:

We just used PE a few weeks ago and it was a breeze. From the car in the Palm garage, dropping the bags and in to security in about 5 minutes. That was just before 11 AM. 

Miami is a completely confusing mess last two cruises out of there. I think the OP might be taking out his frustration on being late out on the port. Lesson is get there early! 

We cruised out of Miami on the Freedom and Symphony OTS from terminal A a few weeks ago. The Freedom was great coming and going. The Symphony embarkation was great. Ten minutes from Uber to walking onto the ship. Debarkation was another story. From the time that we closed the door to our room and into a taxi to the airport was one hour and twenty minutes. Over 6000 guests trying to leave. People were cutting lines in both leaving the ship and the taxi lines. Never again. 

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

BTW - horrible internet service on the Reflection... Started the week at an already low of 0.70 Mbps, and the last couple of days have been as low as (OFF-0, to 0.05Mbps)! Drops the connection a lot at those crawling speeds...

They've giving away too many internet packages - beyond what they can support.

Tom

Oh yeah, I was on the Reflection... Maybe 40% full.... was getting 20 to 30 kilobytes per second. Usually in the lower 20s.  This was using the All Included, non-premium internet.

I learned by lesson here that Celebrity's "All Included" is a taste of the action to encourage upgrades.

15 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We cruised out of Miami on the Freedom and Symphony OTS from terminal A a few weeks ago. The Freedom was great coming and going. The Symphony embarkation was great. Ten minutes from Uber to walking onto the ship. Debarkation was another story. From the time that we closed the door to our room and into a taxi to the airport was one hour and twenty minutes. Over 6000 guests trying to leave. People were cutting lines in both leaving the ship and the taxi lines. Never again. 

You do realize this is a thread on Port Everglades Celebrity Terminals not Royal Caribbean Miami terminals which is completely different.. 

Although I understand you were responding to someone’s comment on Miami.

Miami is easy as all the terminals are pretty much in a straight line with Virgin on the end and parking is simple as well.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spurschick said:

You do realize this is a thread on Port Everglades Celebrity Terminals not Royal Caribbean Miami terminals which is completely different.. 

Although I understand you were responding to someone’s comment on Miami.

Miami is easy as all the terminals are pretty much in a straight line with Virgin on the end and parking is simple as well.

Yes I do but as you stated I was responding to another’s posters comments but thanks for giving “your” opinion on Miami. 🙄

Guest 4-2-N-8
13 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Yes I do but as you stated I was responding to another’s posters comments but thanks for giving “your” opinion on Miami. 🙄

I think this site would do better with more opinions. 🤓

11 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I think this site would do better with more opinions. 🤓

I wish that people would stay on topic instead of telling me about another cruise line or how wealthy they are or pretend to be. Just answer the question.

Guest 4-2-N-8
16 minutes ago, morfred said:

I wish that people would stay on topic instead of telling me about another cruise line or how wealthy they are or pretend to be. Just answer the question.

Gripe'osaurus 🦖

We left equinox on Monday, we only had 2 bags + 1 carry on, but I had read that using a porter can speed things up, so thought, why not. The Porter was ace, she grabbed our bags and put them on a trolley then we went out to immigration/customs and she skipped the snakey line and headed straight down the right hand side, so we were immediately seen, then outside, and there was someone marshalling passengers towards the taxis, as soon as they saw the Porter, they motioned for her to cross the road and so from ship to taxi took less than 10 minutes.   

If you are on a timeline, then its worth a few $$ to use the porters.

This was around 8am

3 minutes ago, morfred said:

Will a porter bring your luggage to the garage in Port Everglades?

Probably not to the garage we're at!

But, yes, when it's adjacent we've been able to enjoy that benefit at multiple ports. $20-40+ goes a long way.

Tom

We always have smooth arrivals at Port Everglades via Park N Go.  We book in advance on their website and spend less money and avoid the stress.  We let them do the driving while we celebrate arriving at the ship.  Their shuttle drivers put your bags on and take them off the bus for you.  No schlepping bags from the garage.  They drop you at the terminal entrance minutes after arriving at their lot.  After the cruise if their bus is not outside call their phone number and they arrive immediately.  Give them a try next time.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We don't drive to the port, we take a taxi to the airport.

I'll have my man servant drive me, along with a teensie weensie jar of Grey Poupon mustard! 🛺