Voom Surf + Stream

Good morning all, 

I am heading out in about 2 weeks for an 11 night sailing on the Vision and am completely confused on the internet package option.  No this is not my first cruise but it is my first time trying to decipher RC's pricing 🙂

I booked the 1 person /1 device back over the summer but see that the price has decreased so I thought why not add a 2nd person so we each have our own access and do not have to share. 

The question comes in the pricing-

Option A: 1 person / 2 devices would be $263.89

Option B:  - 2 people / 1 device each - the price goes to $307.78

So, clearly I like Option A price better however my question with that option is, can each person in the room (2 people) each be on their own personal devices at the same time without any issues. 

I would prefer not to have to log out when friend wants to log in but not sure the first option will allow us to do that. 

Thank you in advance, 

Not sure if you looked at your cruise planner recently.  I've got Oasis sailing on December 4 and the S&S is $13.99 per device and $11.99 for any additional device.  You can opt with 1 and shared by 2 devices but you need to be logged out for the second device to work.

Same sale for my Anthem February and Oasis August sails.

Edited by nelblu

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not sure if you looked at your cruise planner recently.  I've got Oasis sailing on December 4 and the S&S is $13.99 per device and $11.99 for any additional device.  You can opt with 1 and shared by 2 devices but you need to be logged out for the second device to work.

Same sale for my Anthem February and Oasis August sale.

I believe if you buy 1 person 2 devices, you can use both devices at the same time... it will only kick you off if you try to use a 3rd device or if you purchase 1 person 1 device.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

I believe if you buy 1 person 2 devices, you can use both devices at the same time... it will only kick you off if you try to use a 3rd device or if you purchase 1 person 1 device.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.  Are you saying 1 person and pay for 2 devices.

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.  Are you saying 1 person and pay for 2 devices.

yeah... there are 2 ways to purchase if you have for example 2 people.
Option A: 1 person, 1 device each (x2) - each person will have their own login and can use 1 device per account, more expensive route
Option B: 1 person, 2 devices - there will be one login for 2 devices, but the 2 devices can be used with that same login and can be used at the same time, usually this is the cheaper route.

So for example, it's my husband and I sailing. We both have iphones and I have a laptop. So I purchased 1 person 2 devices. He will use "1 device" with his iphone and I will use the "2nd device" with my iphone. We can both use our iphones at the same time, but when I need to use my laptop, I'll sign out of my account, freeing up 1 device, which I then can use my laptop...unless I purchase a "3rd device" if I wanted to use all 3 at the same time... but in my case, I don't need to. But people will purchase additional devices if they have more people in their party and don't mind all sharing a login, but they can all use it at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Edited by nolegirl01
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

yeah... there are 2 ways to purchase if you have for example 2 people.
Option A: 1 person, 1 device each (x2) - each person will have their own login and can use 1 device per account, more expensive route
Option B: 1 person, 2 devices - there will be one login for 2 devices, but the 2 devices can be used with that same login and can be used at the same time, usually this is the cheaper route.

So for example, it's my husband and I sailing. We both have iphones and I have a laptop. So I purchased 1 person 2 devices. He will use "1 device" with his iphone and I will use the "2nd device" with my iphone. We can both use our iphones at the same time, but when I need to use my laptop, I'll sign out of my account, freeing up 1 device, which I then can use my laptop...unless I purchase a "3rd device" if I wanted to use all 3 at the same time... but in my case, I don't need to. But people will purchase additional devices if they have more people in their party and don't mind all sharing a login, but they can all use it at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I misunderstood the original question and answer.  I was under the impression one device shared by multiple users as long as only one is logged in at any given time.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Thanks, I misunderstood the original question and answer.  I was under the impression one device shared by multiple users as long as only one is logged in at any given time.

yup if you choose 1 person 1 device, you can still share with someone else, but only one device can be used at a time...