Just off the Beyond and the NCL Encore? Any questions?

jdvmd

How was the food on NCL? I sailed the Sun a few years ago and the food was leaning towards terrible, and I’m not that big of a food snob. It makes me nervous to try NCL again because I don’t know if it’s the brand, or because I was on the smallest, oldest ship.

4 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

How was the food on NCL? I sailed the Sun a few years ago and the food was leaning towards terrible, and I’m not that big of a food snob. It makes me nervous to try NCL again because I don’t know if it’s the brand, or because I was on the smallest, oldest ship.

My husband and I actually thought the food was better on the Encore than on the Beyond. The buffet was better as well as the dining rooms. We didn't do any specialty dining on the Beyond this time around but loved Cagney's and Q.

Beyond is a beautiful ship and doesn't feel like a cruise ship at all. The cabin and bathroom were spacious and decorated wonderfully. We had a Concierge Class Infinite Balcony, which we probably would not book again. We like a traditional balcony more but it was fun to try out.

Celebrity's food was a very big disappointment especially the buffet. Food wasn't hot a lot of times. Some others have said they were starving and couldn't wait to get to McDonald's for a real meal. That is a bit ridiculous. There were plenty of things to eat but they just weren't that great.

Other than just relaxing or playing the occasional trivia contest, we were a bit bored on the Beyond. The evening shows like Arte and Elements were great except for the comedian.

That said, NCL's Choir of Men was the best show we have seen on sea or land. Would we go back on both ships? Yes but we purchased the future cruise deposits for NCL.

And, yes, we have sailed both before many times and have Elite status on Celebrity and Platinum status on NCL.

11 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I guess I'll ask the hot topic question right now:  what was the location of your stateroom and how much creaking/groaning did you hear, if any?

We were on Deck 10 midship, Concierge Class, Infinite Balcony. Never heard anything.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, skatie said:

How did you find the service at the bars and dining rooms on Beyond?  Are there some bars that are more “quiet” and quicker /easier to get a drink?  Thanks!

I know several people had issues with the bar service but we didn't. Favorite was the Sunset Bar and had great service with a waiter named Adelion. He only works at the Sunset Bar.

• Like 1