Free at Sea Internet

kapcruiser

I’ve read many posts for info

i want to make sure I get it right 

to save on upgrading to unlimited internet on a 7 day cruise… do not use free minutes the first day and upgrade on day 2, only paying for 6 additional days.

Is this correct?

• Like 1

I thought about this response for a while before I wrote it.  I want to give you some advice but I want to be very careful because I don't know our circumstances. 

I recommend you upgrade to the Unlimited (Non-streaming Internet Pre-Cruise), budget pending.  Here is my reasoning.  When you use the free minutes it is for one device in the room.  So if either person forgets to "Log Out" you minutes are lost quickly.  When you upgrade to unlimited, you don't have to log out unless the other person wants on the internet.  The reduction in cost by doing it on day two or three is minimal. 

Please just look at the costs and make your decision based on your situation.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

15 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I thought about this response for a while before I wrote it.  I want to give you some advice but I want to be very careful because I don't know our circumstances. 

I recommend you upgrade to the Unlimited (Non-streaming Internet Pre-Cruise), budget pending.  Here is my reasoning.  When you use the free minutes it is for one device in the room.  So if either person forgets to "Log Out" you minutes are lost quickly.  When you upgrade to unlimited, you don't have to log out unless the other person wants on the internet.  The reduction in cost by doing it on day two or three is minimal. 

Please just look at the costs and make your decision based on your situation.  

They are wanting to upgrade to unlimited but they are asking if the second day upgrade work around still works.  From other reports waiting to upgrade until the second day if you don’t use minutes on Day 1 still works.

7 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

They are wanting to upgrade to unlimited but they are asking if the second day upgrade work around still works.  From other reports waiting to upgrade until the second day if you don’t use minutes on Day 1 still works.

I understood that and that is my understanding as well.  My thoughts were, "Why Wait if that it your intention?" I was hoping the could do the math and see that handling it pre-cruise gets it done and waiting the extra day is less then a drink.  I also was trying to be extremely sensitive to if the issue was a budget item which is why I phased it the way I did.