Carnival attire on non formal night

mom2eli

After he wears the nice Khaki's and notices the pleasnt looks he will be getting from the teen girls you will probably never get him out of them. I thankfully i do not have that problem, my kids like to dress up on formal night, get ther pictures taken and prance around looking pretty. And believe me, my teen daughter does make comments about how nice the boys look dresses up.

A

I don't get to dress nice alot in my line of work. Even my jeans suffer a bit. I know some people want to die in their jeans , but I am looking forward to dressing up a bit. Especially on formal nights. I like to get compliments and I can pull out some clothes I hardley ever wear and paid big$$ for. t's all part of the adventure.

We just got off the Conquest yesterday and normally I do not even notice what others are wearing in the dining room but I did on this cruise because of this board. Everyone looked very nice and appropriately dressed on formal nights. A nice mix of tuxes and suits. Only saw one or two men in shirts with no coat but they were dress shirts. Now, mind you, I am in a dining room that holds 600 guests - both upstairs and downstairs so I may have missed some. This is just around our immediate area. On non-formal nights, I was expecting a much sloppier mix of clothes but was very surprised to see everyone dress up. I did see capri pants - very nice ones, and the ONLY jeans I saw were on teenagers. However, once they got to their table and sat down, no one knew they had on jeans until they got up to leave. I really didn't care one way or the other and probably wouldn't have even noticed except for all the threads on this board about dining room attire. It was a pleasant surprise to see both men and women dress nicely on both formal and non formal nights. :D TG23

I am definately having a problem with this. My DS is 15 and wears nothing but jeans, the slopply kind.

What about giving him the option of dining alone in the buffet for dinner? Then the choice is his.

Archived