FLL late arrival, but cruise out of POM

DKNE

We fly into FLL, the evening, day before our cruise. Looking for suggestions for a hotel that is close to Walgreens or something similar, and restaurants within walking distance. 

Is it better to stay near FLL and then uber it to POM next day. Or uber to hotel in MIA night of flight, near Walmart/Target etc. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, DKNE said:

Is it better to stay near FLL and then uber it to POM next day. Or uber to hotel in MIA night of flight, near Walmart/Target etc. 

It really doesn't matter from an Uber perspective-- you'll end up spending approximately the same amount to cover the same ground if you do it in one shot at night or in two legs the next morning. Personally I would stay in Fort Lauderdale that night unless you had a burning desire to see the nightlife in Miami proper. Ft Lauderdale is a little less expensive than South Beach or Brickell (generally) and I'd prefer to stay in a nicer hotel in FLL closer to the beach than spend a bunch more for Miami. Which begs the question...

10 hours ago, DKNE said:

Looking for suggestions for a hotel that is close to Walgreens or something similar, and restaurants within walking distance. 

What is your budget? Ft Lauderdale runs the gamut from budget airport to hotels to luxury properties on the beach and everything in between. If you want to be walking distance to restaurants etc you still can find a bunch of different properties to fit most budgets. Hard to make a rec without knowing this. 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:24 AM, princeton123211 said:

It really doesn't matter from an Uber perspective-- you'll end up spending approximately the same amount to cover the same ground if you do it in one shot at night or in two legs the next morning. Personally I would stay in Fort Lauderdale that night unless you had a burning desire to see the nightlife in Miami proper. Ft Lauderdale is a little less expensive than South Beach or Brickell (generally) and I'd prefer to stay in a nicer hotel in FLL closer to the beach than spend a bunch more for Miami. Which begs the question...

What is your budget? Ft Lauderdale runs the gamut from budget airport to hotels to luxury properties on the beach and everything in between. If you want to be walking distance to restaurants etc you still can find a bunch of different properties to fit most budgets. Hard to make a rec without knowing this. 

I am kind of thinking the same thing. Stay in Fort Lauderdale, and go to port next day. This way we would be able to have a late dinner.

Our budget for a hotel would be no more than $300. Trying to navigate hotels that are near restaurants and Walgreens is hard, we've always stayed in Miami. But never flew in this late before.

I would check out Hyatt Place just off 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. Price using ValueTrips or directly on the Hyatt website and join as a member.

This hotel offers a shuttle for $5.00 per room reservation from FLL .

The hotel is in a great location right next to the Harbor Shopping center that has a Publix Market, several shops and restaurants ... our favorite is Duffy"s.

Uber/Lyft the next morning or also check prices on private shuttles as there are many that will pick up from this hotel to POM...South Florida Shuttles, SAS etc etc.

• Like 1

We are usually in this situation as well, with flights being cheaper to FLL but cruising out of Miami, and our west coast flights usually end up arriving fairly late. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in Miami. Its near the MIA airport, tends to be pretty reasonable (by Miami/Fort Lauderdale standards), and there is a Walgreens, fast food, and a grocery and liquor store all within a block. Its nothing fancy, but it serves the purpose for one night.