Platinum Newbie

80sGal

I'll get my Platinum card on our Spring trip, but DH is a few cruises behind me. So, can we still enjoy Priority boarding together?  What about the Platinum cocktail event?  Is there a +1 for that?  Just curious how it works when we have One Gold/One Platinum.  

Your cruise "companion" will share the same perks for embarkation - able to board when you do. Had my son with me for the Past Guest Party and he was warmly welcomed - no questions asked, free flowing cocktails. No free cocktail for him at the Seaday brunch. No extra water bottles in the cabin. Not sure of any other perks he may  have missed. (Same with DH... he's a bit behind in points but still gets most of my perks).

• Thanks 1

On our last cruise, our friends who are Platinum took us to their little cocktail party on the last night. We're both Gold. But they're invites, and they each had one addressed to them individually, said their name, +1, so they each brought us. It wasn't much, we each had 1 drink, and that was about it. And actually, when we entered, they didn't even ask our friends for their invitations.They said normally they do ask to see them and collect them.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

On our last cruise, our friends who are Platinum took us to their little cocktail party on the last night. We're both Gold. But they're invites, and they each had one addressed to them individually, said their name, +1, so they each brought us. It wasn't much, we each had 1 drink, and that was about it. And actually, when we entered, they didn't even ask our friends for their invitations.They said normally they do ask to see them and collect them.

We did the same thing taking a couple of Blue Cards we had befriended on our European cruise.  We got the usual joke about 'Blue/Red/Gold getting in'.  They had to hold 2 events in the main theater.  As I said before, EVERYONE practically speaking was D/P and in fact we mere Plats were asked to row on alternate days!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Funny, I’ve been on 41 cruises and have attended the P&D party with Platinum friends and then on my own merit and have never seen them collect the invitations. Always wondered why they didn’t just to keep up with how many attend.

10 hours ago, jsglow said:

We did the same thing taking a couple of Blue Cards we had befriended on our European cruise.  We got the usual joke about 'Blue/Red/Gold getting in'.  They had to hold 2 events in the main theater.  As I said before, EVERYONE practically speaking was D/P and in fact we mere Plats were asked to row on alternate days!

Haha! Yeah, it wasn't anything major, as I said, we each had 1 cocktail, and listened to them talk about the people who had the longest/oldest, etc... The youngest was a I think 12 year old who was Platinum. Our friend's son was actually Platinum when he was 10, but she said it was easier to get to Platinum back then too. They also live in FL, so way easier to just hop on a quick cruise when they wanted.

They actually had ours in the comedy club, which was pretty big on the Freedom. I can't imagine how many people there were if you had to have it in the main theater, and twice! That's crazy!

2 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Funny, I’ve been on 41 cruises and have attended the P&D party with Platinum friends and then on my own merit and have never seen them collect the invitations. Always wondered why they didn’t just to keep up with how many attend.

Yeah, not sure. She said they will look at them, or they have collected them in the past. Because I commented that it wouldn't be hard to just walk in. Who knows. Like everything else, sometimes rules are followed depending on who is there. LOL!

13 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Haha! Yeah, it wasn't anything major, as I said, we each had 1 cocktail, and listened to them talk about the people who had the longest/oldest, etc... The youngest was a I think 12 year old who was Platinum. Our friend's son was actually Platinum when he was 10, but she said it was easier to get to Platinum back then too. They also live in FL, so way easier to just hop on a quick cruise when they wanted.

They actually had ours in the comedy club, which was pretty big on the Freedom. I can't imagine how many people there were if you had to have it in the main theater, and twice! That's crazy!

Which is why there's no FTTF on Journeys cruises if you dovetail this into the other thread.  On most normal cruises the event is most frequently held in the Comedy venue.  I'd say the typical attendance might be a couple hundred.  It's always kinda fun and it's nice to have a conversation w/ folks attending for the first time.  

my wife is platinum and i'm a goldie.  

we took our adult kids and their +1's on a holiday cruise last year, all were able to priority board together since we were one group and related to the platinum member.  

we didnt rush to the port however.  spent the night before in a hotel and "woke up slow".  

On 11/23/2022 at 9:26 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

To the OP...if you're going to use your laundry perk, be advised that the wash is done in hot water and dryed on high heat so don't clean anything that could shrink.

My underware shrink every trip.  Laundry, yeah, I'll blame that!  GRINS

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

my wife is platinum and i'm a goldie.  

we took our adult kids and their +1's on a holiday cruise last year, all were able to priority board together since we were one group and related to the platinum member.  

we didnt rush to the port however.  spent the night before in a hotel and "woke up slow".  

I didn't realize this.  We become platinum on our Christmas cruise.  Our adult daughter will be in a cabin by herself.  So from how I read this she'll be able to board and debark with us?

On 11/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, groundloop said:

I didn't realize this.  We become platinum on our Christmas cruise.  Our adult daughter will be in a cabin by herself.  So from how I read this she'll be able to board and debark with us?

Yes, if your cabins are linked or you paid for her cabin.