Back to Back Cruises

shipboy

For anyone that has done a BtB, did Viking give a reduction in price based on the non requirement of a return flight (the return flight for the first cruise and the outgoing for the second)? I don’t know if having booked in the UK makes any difference as opposed to a booking made in e.g. USA

1 hour ago, shipboy said:

For anyone that has done a BtB, did Viking give a reduction in price based on the non requirement of a return flight (the return flight for the first cruise and the outgoing for the second)? I don’t know if having booked in the UK makes any difference as opposed to a booking made in e.g. USA

On our B2B, we asked, but no they do not give any price reductions.

This seems pretty standard with Viking.  This was US booking so maybe it makes a different for UK.

• Like 1

Nope.  We did 3 back to back last year, but paid for our own flights to Athens and from Santiago.  

We did book a back to back for 2024.   We are doing SouthEast Asia Horizons, which is 3 cruises, from Bangkok to Vancouver.  I think we received a discount booking all 3 under Southeast Asia Horizons, but the prices have changed since I booked in fall 2021.  

The disadvantage of booking a combined back to back under one booking number vs 3 individual numbers is that if a portion of your cruise gets canceled, the whole cruise gets canceled.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shipboy said:

Folks who book in UK are going to have to answer this question. Those of us in the US haven't a clue and can only guess.

In the US, cruise fare and airfare are separate line items and on a B2B we pay only one airfare. In the UK, airfare is included in the price of the cruise; therefore, on a B2B airfare is charged twice -- and 3x on a B2B2B -- if you only have the prices for the individual cruises to work with. OP is asking if Viking takes this into consideration and offers a discount for UK guests booking a B2B.

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 1

I think I have the answer to your question.

We have Chilean Fjords and Southern Atlantic Crossing booked as a BtoB saving Viking the cost of return flights to South America. The invoice shows a reduction in the form of an "Air Allowance" of £500pp. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, photopro2 said:

We have Chilean Fjords and Southern Atlantic Crossing booked as a BtoB saving Viking the cost of return flights to South America. The invoice shows a reduction in the form of an "Air Allowance" of £500pp. 

This is what I expect Viking to do, although they haven’t confirmed this as yet. The cruises are on separate bookings and I am hoping for ~500 GBP to be deducted.

1 hour ago, photopro2 said:

p.s. we did the Southern Atlantic Crossing earlier this year and even though many of the ports were cancelled/changed, we loved it. Hope you do too

Edited by shipboy
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 10:17 PM, shipboy said:

We are from UK and flights are included.  We have done two  B2B cruises including one trans Atlantic and one which started and finished in London (Greenwich).  We had a flight credit on both.  The trans Atlantic meant we put the money towards upgrading to business to fly back to the UK.  The ‘air people’ in the London office will help you sort this out.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, L11 said:

are you by any chance booked on the Chilean Fjords and Southern Atlantic cruises

We are on that itinerary but not until 2024. We will be looking for tips/suggestions though, so any posts about your experiences would be of great interest.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:10 PM, shipboy said:

we loved it. Hope you do too

Good to hear thanks. It is a "bucket list" trip to mark DW joining me in retirement so we plan to make the most of it! 

6 hours ago, L11 said:

@photopro2, are you by any chance booked on the Chilean Fjords and Southern Atlantic cruises beginning in February 2022? If so, we are too!

Linda

Not those cruises, but LA to eventually Barcelona in 2024. We did the Southern Atlantic cruise earlier this year and loved it, despite all of the port changes