Luminosa rough seas from Brisbane to NZ 20/11?

Not what I would consider rough at all.

My view is a bit subjective as I don't get seasick and enjoy a bit of movement, but the ship rode as expected. There was swell and the stabilizers did there job as I would expect for a ship of this size.

24 minutes ago, giddy_up said:

Not what I would consider rough at all.

My view is a bit subjective as I don't get seasick and enjoy a bit of movement, but the ship rode as expected. There was swell and the stabilizers did there job as I would expect for a ship of this size.

That is good to hear giddy_up.  I got mixed up with the rough seas to Tasmania at the same time.

The worse rough seas I've been on was when the ship pitched and rolled at the same time. (Bay of Biscay) 

The second worse was when they had ropes across the stairwells to hold on to and the piano and chairs slid from side to side on the ship (NY to Rotterdam)

The third worse was the Great Australian Bight (I didn't cruise for 30 years afterwards)   

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

That is good to hear giddy_up.  I got mixed up with the rough seas to Tasmania at the same time.

The worse rough seas I've been on was when the ship pitched and rolled at the same time. (Bay of Biscay) 

The second worse was when they had ropes across the stairwells to hold on to and the piano and chairs slid from side to side on the ship (NY to Rotterdam)

The third worse was the Great Australian Bight (I didn't cruise for 30 years afterwards)   

I have been aboard a ship crossing the drake passage just ahead of a hurricane. Didn't even have to pay extra for that wild ride.

Now I don't recommend this, but on the current NZ sailing I haven't had any issue walking up and down the stairs without holding the rails (I have been doing this for COVID avoidance) 

24 minutes ago, giddy_up said:

I have been aboard a ship crossing the drake passage just ahead of a hurricane. Didn't even have to pay extra for that wild ride.

Now I don't recommend this, but on the current NZ sailing I haven't had any issue walking up and down the stairs without holding the rails (I have been doing this for COVID avoidance) 

That must have been an adventure!  We had Drake lake not rough at all.  

I always hold on, Covid or not!