Dining times on Meraviglia

doconner

In the process of booking the Meraviglia and the dinner preference times (for Bella) are showing in drop down list options:

Early Seating: 5:15pm-7:30pm
Late Seating: 9:30pm

I'm a bit confused by this, as I've never seen a cruise line have such a gap between the early/late seating if it is truly a set time dining. 

What are people's experiences with dinner on the Meraviglia in the Caribbean? 

Is the 'Early Seating' actually a bit of 'any time' where you just have to arrive during that time range? 
Are there multiple 'set times' between 5:15pm-7:30pm that we will be assigned one of once we board?

thanks,

Basically you are requesting early or late so in this case it would be 6:00 or 6:30 depending on which MDR you’re assigned. We were Fantastica and requested early but were assigned to the 8:30. It was somewhat a last minute booking so maybe that’s why we didn’t get our choice.  We decided to just go with it instead of asking the Maître D about it. 

The first seating was 6pm and second was 8:30 on our sailing. Sounds like the times in the drop down menu weren’t updated after the Mera returned back stateside. I suggest you just select whichever one you prefer, early or late, but plan on the actual times to be different once on board.