Check in Times not available?

LMaxwell

Completing check in docs and forms for a cruise in 2 weeks time. We have multiple rooms/multiple bookings linked together.  All of the bookings show that check in time is "To be Assigned".  Isn't that a bit strange for being only 2 weeks out? With people traveling in with connections/transfers, this adds stress to the planning phase. Should there have been an option on the HAL website to select a check in time bracket that I missed? 

HAL does not allow you to choose a check in time.  The earlier you are assigned a check in time, the more likely it will change.  What time does your itinerary leave port?  The port of departure also makes a difference.   Many factors come into play.  Generally plan to board sometime early to mid afternoon in most cases.  HAL’s goal is to have the rooms ready before boarding,

48 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

HAL does not allow you to choose a check in time.  The earlier you are assigned a check in time, the more likely it will change.  What time does your itinerary leave port?  The port of departure also makes a difference.   Many factors come into play.  Generally plan to board sometime early to mid afternoon in most cases.  HAL’s goal is to have the rooms ready before boarding,

Fort Lauderdale, 3pm departure

We received our check-in times for our 26-Nov. and 03-Dec Konsingdam sailings very late Saturday night two weeks before the Saturdays we board.

If you are looking for check-in times for a Saturday 10-Dec sailing, I expect you will get them close to midnight tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Completing check in docs and forms for a cruise in 2 weeks time. We have multiple rooms/multiple bookings linked together.  All of the bookings show that check in time is "To be Assigned".  Isn't that a bit strange for being only 2 weeks out? With people traveling in with connections/transfers, this adds stress to the planning phase. Should there have been an option on the HAL website to select a check in time bracket that I missed? 

No, received our boarding time 13 days prior to departure a few days ago. It was 1:20 pm even though we arrived at FLL at 9:45 am. Went to website and checked info I entered for checkin on HAL and discovered flight info never took. So I called HAL and agent could not enter my flight info either. Bottom line is that HAL changed my boarding time to 11 AM.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, oaktreerb said:

You have to be ONBOARD 30 minutes prior to departure.  

It's actually 60 mins before departure, but with travel arrangements people will be arriving to port hours ahead of departure.  

On 11/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, oldbluff said:

If you are looking for check-in times for a Saturday 10-Dec sailing, I expect you will get them close to midnight tomorrow night.

Thanks for the tip; just got an email about an hour ago