Bermuda - Have Excursion Questions!

Texas Duck

Taking a cruise next Summer and would appreciate your help. First of all, my wife and I love historical/quaint homes and villages. We equally love nature’s wonderlands. As all cruise ships do, Regent offers a choice of excursions. We have never been to this part of the world. Appreciate your help in making our selection.

Corner Brook, Sydney and Halifax - posted similar question elsewhere.

Bermuda
1. Walking tour of either place.
2. Southern shores
3. Crystal caves and Tuckers Town
4. Quintessential Bermuda & St. Georges
5. Glass bottom boat
6. Sunset sail
7. Catamaran snorkel trip

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinions.

Before I give my opinion are those excursions included or do you have to pay extra?  Bermuda is a great do it yourself destination but since Regent is a very premium line perhaps excursions are included?. How long will you be in Bermuda 2 or 3 days?  and which port is the ship calling at.Royal Dockyard? Hamilton  and or St. George? I would guess since you are on Regent you will dock at both Hamilton and St.George's.

Edited by Charles4515

Couple are extra -for example, the Sunset Sail is $109/. But you are right, Regent is generally all inclusive.  Arrive at 2:00pm on June 19th and depart Tuesday, June 20 @ 5:00pm.  Arrive Hamilton and depart from St.George's.  Don't know anchorage - sorrry.

2 hours ago, Texas Duck said:

Couple are extra -for example, the Sunset Sail is $109/. But you are right, Regent is generally all inclusive.  Arrive at 2:00pm on June 19th and depart Tuesday, June 20 @ 5:00pm.  Arrive Hamilton and depart from St.George's.  Don't know anchorage - sorrry.

No anchorage...in Hamilton you'll be docked at the Pier 5/6 cruise terminal on Front St. and in St. George's you'll be docked at Pennos Wharf .

If you like history and walking I suggest the walking tours, which should give you a good feel for both Hamilton and St. George's.  Hamilton is the business and government center of Bermuda and St. George's was the original capital of Bermuda and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. 

You will be docked in the center of Hamilton and since St. George is small everything ithere is pretty close to the dock. I have done your Hamilton/ St. George's Itinerary a bunch of times and prefer it to the Royal Naval Dockyard that the large ships have to do do.  George's is the quaint village. Hamilton is a busness center but it has some historical stuff like Fort Hamilton. 

Bermuda has beautiful beaches on the South Shore. I don't know if Southern Shores has something to do with that. Do you like to snorkel? If so the catamaran snorkel would be good. I would skip the glass bottom boat. Those are usually disappointing. Sunset sails seem to get good reviews. 

A lot of information can be found on the Bermuda Tourism website. https://www.gotobermuda.com

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, HardyVA said:

Charles. Do we need a Bermuda Arrival card as mentioned in the link you provided?  We are sailing on Celebrity Summit.

Cruise passengers don't need to fill out a Bermuda Arrival Card. That is only needed to be filled out by visitors arriving by air. The form itself mentions that. The website is badly designed in that regard as people should not have to open the form to find out that out.   

Edited by Charles4515