Dress to impress nights

Hi all,

How many dress to impress nights are likely to take place on a 14 night cruise over the Christmas period? and which nights would they be, a bit of a tough one, but maybe someone who has done this cruise round the Caribbean recently could help?

We will be on board from 18th December until 1st January.

thanks

Rob

NYE people dressed formal for this as well as usually one formal night per week , this was the norm few years back , things are getting less formal now . Last cruise i did was celebrity and they had dress to impress night and i wore dinner suit , I changed it for something less formal after there were not many at all in dinner suits

• Like 1

On Marella there is usually D2I once a week on a sea day. Most people make the effort  you do see some tux and duits but most it's smart collared shirt and trousers for men and cocktail frocks for ladies. In the carribean it may be a bit more casual smart tailored shorts and summer maxi dresses for ladies hth 

Enjoy will think of you whilst I'm mucking pigs out on Xmas morning xx

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the Christmas and New Year cruise a few years ago and it was a bit of a hit and miss affair. We will all be dressing up on the 2 nights we can but other nights it tends to be fairly casual. It could be warm but the ship has air con so it can be a bit cool sometimes if you are wearing your strappy dress  -  ladies of course   -  can I say that these days??

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joining Explorer2 on 26/2 for 2weeks and usually dress to impress nights are on sea days but our itinerary shows first week will be day 7 before ship returns back to Barbados and then as usual day 3 second week.Just wondering if DTI will be as late as day 7 in week one?

On 2/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, Liverbird 6 said:

Joining Explorer2 on 26/2 for 2weeks and usually dress to impress nights are on sea days but our itinerary shows first week will be day 7 before ship returns back to Barbados and then as usual day 3 second week.Just wondering if DTI will be as late as day 7 in week one?

Highly unlikely it will be as late as day 7 but so long as you know there will be one does it matter whether you know which night it will be?? 🤔 you'll find out once on board but usually 2nd night after boarding has been the case for us.