Prices Marella

Due to rocketing prices on Marella we have jumped ship again. We wanted to do the Canaries in January, but stupid prices for 1 week. So we looked about and got a very good deal on P&O Iona for Jan 2nd for 12 days from Southampton return, plus we get to do BoB 2 ways..that will be the highlite of our cruise. This cruise cost us 3/4 of the price for 1 week, but we get 12 days, I hope Marella change their price structure soon, as it really is getting impossible for "Joe Bloggs" to afford Marella as all the other cruise lines are doing really good prices at the Moment with OBC.

I love Marella and have done over 40 cruises with them over the years but just been priced out of my price range 😇

12 day.jpg

While I understand your points for me its not like for like, which of course is down to personal circumstances.

P+O Iona is far too big a ship for me.  I do far prefer the smaller Marella ships.  My limit is the Ventura for size.

The Bob in January would not be the highlight of my cruise.

I would also need to factor in the drinks package cost.  P+O for a 12 day cruise would be £480 a person if you took it.

TUI on the Marella cruise are flying you to the heat.  For P+O from Southampton I would need to add flights from Scotland.  I am never driving that route again after this years, 15 hour return journey.

We do have due to various reasons 3 cruises booked for next year.  Two on P+O one on Marella. 

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or so.  P+O have big ships to fill and money may be tight for many.   Just hope their   shares don't plummet!

However I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Don’t blame you Dingelbert about the journeys to and from Southampton. We wouldn’t do that now going from Cheshire unless we could get the bus transfer service. P&O don’t think that anyone north of Oxford exists. Even if you do, you get punished with a hefty surcharge on their Caribbean flights. 

8 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

While I understand your points for me its not like for like, which of course is down to personal circumstances.

P+O Iona is far too big a ship for me.  I do far prefer the smaller Marella ships.  My limit is the Ventura for size.

The Bob in January would not be the highlight of my cruise.

I would also need to factor in the drinks package cost.  P+O for a 12 day cruise would be £480 a person if you took it.

TUI on the Marella cruise are flying you to the heat.  For P+O from Southampton I would need to add flights from Scotland.  I am never driving that route again after this years, 15 hour return journey.

We do have due to various reasons 3 cruises booked for next year.  Two on P+O one on Marella. 

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or so.  P+O have big ships to fill and money may be tight for many.   Just hope their   shares don't plummet!

However I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Have to agree with you D

On a side note.With it being BF deals(for the benefit of Brummijam thats Black Friday 😉😆)I,ve been tracking prices for our America cruise next year and noticed it had come down in price a fair bit so contacted our TA and moved our cruise  forward 2 weeks and saved ourselves £550

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim The Scot said:

Have to agree with you D

On a side note.With it being BF deals(for the benefit of Brummijam thats Black Friday 😉😆)I,ve been tracking prices for our America cruise next year and noticed it had come down in price a fair bit so contacted our TA and moved our cruise  forward 2 weeks and saved ourselve

1 hour ago, Jim The Scot said:

Have to agree with you D

On a side note.With it being BF deals(for the benefit of Brummijam thats Black Friday 😉😆)I,ve been tracking prices for our America cruise next year and noticed it had come down in price a fair bit so contacted our TA and moved our cruise  forward 2 weeks and saved ourselves £550

Why would you contact the territorial army to move your cruise?🤷‍♂️😂

• Haha 1

agree fully , prices have gone daft , we allways liked the atmosphere of marella ships but they do not compete with the bigger players ie celebrity , princess , royal caribbean etc , do realise you get drinks package but pricing cruise prices higher than those other ships mentioned good luck with that one