Regal Princess Cabin orientation

moomsh

Hi - We will be traveling with a group on the Regal Princess and have been assigned Cabin C325. Does anyone have experience with this particular cabin? Or cabins next to it. 

My concern is - what direction the furniture in the cabin faces. We need a cabin that faces forward due to my husband’s medical motion issues. When seated on the sofa or bed in the cabin, ( or anywhere on the ship ) he needs to be facing forward. So if I need to request a cabin change I can do it now, before we board and have a very serious issue. 

I have contacted Princess a couple of times and have not been able to get a definite answer. I specifically asked if when entering the cabin, the bed/sofa would be on the wall to the right  because the cabin was on the starboard side of ship and the reply was “that is all correct “ but then she proceeded to send me a graphic that depicted the complete opposite. Ugh. I have emailed with no reply. I will try again tomorrow.

I would appreciate any first hand knowledge regarding this cabin or if anyone knows the orientation of the cabins as the deck plans do not show where the doors are located. 

Thank you in advance. 

I just checked on YouTube and there is a video of this cabin.  When the door opens the bed is on the left wall facing the right wall.  Go to YouTube and you can then see the entire video to get a tour of your cabin.  Remember to search cabin C325 to narrow it down to your specific cabin.  Enjoy!

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Thanks 1

I am happy to help!

I looked at the deck plans, and caculated, by counting back and forward from the fire-doors shown on the deck plans, and believed that this cabin has the bed facing backwards, not in the direction that the ship is sailing.

Once you have your category and cabin assignment, you should be able to move to any AVAILABLE same-category Mini, with no problem.

You will find an excellent video of this cabin, at sail, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Kua53dbmE&t=157s

PS:  yes, 'stock' photos and graphics will not be specific. 

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both so much. That video does show it facing backwards unfortunately. I will have to contact Travel Group and/ or Princess tomorrow to request cabin change. 
Wishing on a Star - based on your counting can you tell me if any of these cabin will work for us - showing as currently available in same area - C331 & C401 starboard or C324 & C402 port. I am not familiar with door location based on fire doors. Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, moomsh said:

I would appreciate any first hand knowledge regarding this cabin or if anyone knows the orientation of the cabins as the deck plans do not show where the doors are located. 

Thank you in advance. 

I saw a post in another thread awhile back, if you go to the Medallion APP, you can pull deck plans for any ship. What is nice about the deck plans on the APP, they show the indentation of the door location so you know the bed will be on the opposite side.

Hope this helps, and yes for C325, the bed will be on the left wall so if you sat up in bed you would be facing aft.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I saw a post in another thread awhile back, if you go to the Medallion APP, you can pull deck plans for any ship. What is nice about the deck plans on the APP, they show the indentation of the door location so you know the bed will be on the opposite side.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much Wallyj - that is exactly what I have been asking Princess for. Now I can know exactly what cabins will work for us. 

Thank you all again. 

C401 should be facing forward.

C402 should also be facing forward.

Cabins, in almost all cases,  will alternate, back-to-back, with the electricity and bathroom/plumbing in the shared wall.   There will not be electricity and plumbing thru a firewall  (where you see the little doorways in the hallway)

So, I think it would be 100% that C401 and C402 would have the bath, and bed, on the Aft wall, thus facing forward.  : )

The deck plans that show the door hallway indentations should confirm this.

Both should be great mid-ship and mid-deck cabins.

They are not adjoining cabins, and should have no noise from C336 or C337.

I don't know if this is true, but the only thing I have heard about having a cabin that is directly on a firewall is that there should be threshhold there in the hallway across the firedoor , and room service carts, like in the morning with all of the breakfast and coffee orders, might clank and rattle a bit as they roll over that, and maybe can be heard inside.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, moomsh said:

Hi - We will be traveling with a group on the Regal Princess and have been assigned Cabin C325. Does anyone have experience with this particular cabin? Or cabins next to it. 

My concern is - what direction the furniture in the cabin faces. We need a cabin that faces forward due to my husband’s medical motion issues. When seated on the sofa or bed in the cabin, ( or anywhere on the ship ) he needs to be facing forward. So if I need to request a cabin change I can do it now, before we board and have a very serious issue. 

I have contacted Princess a couple of times and have not been able to get a definite answer. I specifically asked if when entering the cabin, the bed/sofa would be on the wall to the right  because the cabin was on the starboard side of ship and the reply was “that is all correct “ but then she proceeded to send me a graphic that depicted the complete opposite. Ugh. I have emailed with no reply. I will try again tomorrow.

Thank you in advance. 

I am curious about the motion issue. The ship motion is the same whether you are facing forward or aft. It is symmetric. I would think that there would be more issues with a ship far away from the midline or higher up where there is much more motion. A mid ship cabin on deck 6 or 7 would have the least motion.

The OP might be talking about something a little different.   But I will take a shot at this.

It isn't quite the same as motion issues like motion sickness because of higher seas, which might be felt more on forward and higher decks.  And can be caused by the rising and falling up and down motion.  

I have Vertigo.  I don't have motion sickness usually. 

I think this is more connected to a visual thing.  It is not like motion sickness linked to the inner ear, or what is sometimes referred to (very incorrectly) as fear of heights.  When one is there at a window or cabin sliding door, when the ship is underway at a good speed, that feeling and visual of everything just whizzing by backwards can be an issue.  It is hard to describe.  But it is a unique and tricky neurological thing.  This isn't set off by the balance system in the ears, but in the visual system.

Here is an example...  We had so much fun at a waterpark on one of the big family/group rafts that goes around and around the big 'bowl' before plunging 'down the drain'.   Second time I did this, the raft was turned to where I ended up going down backwards the whole way.  WHOA!!!!  didn't want to it again after that.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

The OP might be talking about something a little different.   But I will take a shot at this.

It isn't quite the same as motion issues like motion sickness because of higher seas, which might be felt more on forward and higher decks.  And can be caused by the rising and falling up and down motion.  

I have Vertigo.  I don't have motion sickness usually. 

I think this is more connected to a visual thing.  It is not like motion sickness linked to the inner ear, or what is sometimes referred to (very incorrectly) as fear of heights.  When one is there at a window or cabin sliding door, when the ship is underway at a good speed, that feeling and visual of everything just whizzing by backwards can be an issue.  It is hard to describe.  But it is a unique and tricky neurological thing.  This isn't set off by the balance system in the ears, but in the visual system.

Here is an example...  We had so much fun at a waterpark on one of the big family/group rafts that goes around and around the big 'bowl' before plunging 'down the drain'.   Second time I did this, the raft was turned to where I ended up going down backwards the whole way.  WHOA!!!!  didn't want to it again after that.. 

If it is a visual issue, it will not affect you in bed as you cannot see anything that moves. It would if you were on the balcony but that is another issue.

Also, the OP could put the pillows at the bottom of the bed and sleep in that direction.

In a mini, the sofa is there at the balcony and the sliding door.

(not to mention that in standard balconies, which are very small, the bed is just inches away from the sliding door.)

I would not ever want to put the pillows at the bottom of the bed, because they would certainly fall land hit the floor almost immediately.  Couldn't imagine wanting to sleep on a pillow that had been on the high traffic area of a cruise ship cabin!!!!   Just seeing the sticky mucky stains that should have been cleaned with a good carpet cleaning steam machine.

I believe it is quite safe to say that this poster has cruised before (multiple lines) and is very aware and has their reasons for choosing the cabin that works for them. 

moomsh, I hope you were able to make the cabin change!

• Thanks 1

Thank you Wishing on a Star. You hit it spot on - have cruise many times on other lines - and yes it is a visual issue. Ships, trains, buses, subways, rollercoasters, etc - cannot have things “whizzing by backwards” just as you said. Thank you for your insight and kindness. 
Yes, they were able to move us to C333 so just a few cabins down and facing forward!  It hadn’t shown as available as it was allocated in the group’s block.
We are all set! 
Thanks again, take care and happy sailing!