Live From Diamond Princess 11/27/22

Shelly97060

On 11/29/2022 at 2:15 PM, Shelly97060 said:

So far internet has been fine for me. Sometimes the pages are a bit slow to load.  I haven’t tried streaming anything so don’t know how that would be. 

Alaska  cruise WiFi can be terrible. When we sailed the inside passage in May the internet was pretty much non-existent!

Thank you! We’ll be on the cruise 12/27.  How many day advance you were able to sign up for Arrival group?  We have not seem the sign up open.  Google says 30-45 days before cruise.  That certainly not the case this time.  Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, fpx said:

Thank you! We’ll be on the cruise 12/27.  How many day advance you were able to sign up for Arrival group?  We have not seem the sign up open.  Google says 30-45 days before cruise.  That certainly not the case this time.  Thanks. 

We weren’t able to pick arrival groups until around 2 1/2 weeks before the cruise.  

• Like 1

For those wondering about electrical sockets and charging ports on this ship: each of the lamps on Diamond has a USB port and there are  2 US sockets at the desk.  In addition the mini suite has an available US outlet on both sides of the upper area of the bar where the TVs use to be mounted and a Universal 220 watt socket in the bar area (by where they set up the mini bar). There is also one European plug behind the bed for the lamp and the plug for the shaver in the bathroom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 11/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, Shelly97060 said:

Here is are pictures of the translated controls just in case anyone has an interest: to get the whole thing translated I had to do it in two scans so there is a little duplication ( sorry). 

F64D90BC-A781-4A0E-914F-BD3063573357.thumb.jpeg.d7514eed9122e7aa360f27de30d95272.jpegC022CB55-C98C-44D7-BD47-D956E2368152.thumb.jpeg.c9c690120a360aace920f557beee8b47.jpeg

Thank you for the extra work you put into this. Much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

We weren’t able to pick arrival groups until around 2 1/2 weeks before the cruise.  

I'll be on the Dec 17th cruise and I was able to choose arrival time 6.5 hours ago. It was basically after midnight at the 2-week mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tyler T said:

I'll be on the Dec 17th cruise and I was able to choose arrival time 6.5 hours ago. It was basically after midnight at the 2-week mark.

On the dec 17 as well and had give up on selecting a group. Just did it now. Thanks

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

For those wondering about electrical sockets and charging ports on this ship: each of the lamps on Diamond has a USB port and there are  2 US sockets at the desk.  In addition the mini suite has an available US outlet on both sides of the upper area of the bar where the TVs use to be mounted and a Universal 220 watt socket in the bar area (by where they set up the mini bar). There is also one European plug behind the bed for the lamp and the plug for the shaver in the bathroom. 

Wow! More than I thought.  Thanks for the info.  

6 hours ago, Tyler T said:

Thanks for providing another data point.  I’ll definitely watch out for the timeline !

3 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Fabrizio Maresca 

Can you confirm for me please, there isn't an International Cafe on Diamond? Or there is and which deck? We have cruised Japan & Australia on Diamond but can't remember. Social Media convo says they have removed it, so thought I'd check with someone on board.
TIA, Rose🌹

11 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Can you confirm for me please, there isn't an International Cafe on Diamond? Or there is and which deck? We have cruised Japan & Australia on Diamond but can't remember. Social Media convo says they have removed it, so thought I'd check with someone on board.
TIA, Rose🌹

Unfortunately there is no International Cafe.

It’s never been removed.  Because it was never added.

Sapphire and Diamond were the among last Grand/Gem-class ships built without the IC.   After the debut of Emerald/Ruby/Crown, all but Diamond had it added at their next major refit. 

Today is another sea day.  We started the day with the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. It included quiche Lorraine, 1/2 roasted tomato, bacon, salad, fruit, smoked salmon with onions, capers, cream cheese and a roll,  pastry, juice, 1/2 bottle of champagne and coffee.   Everything is delivered at once for you to enjoy.  

It was a little breezy on the balcony so we ended up using a couple of rubber bands to keep the table cloth from blowing around. It was a lovely way to start the day. 

C0654D0B-D2FB-49F0-81EF-D336AC10CE14.thumb.jpeg.1ec975612e1cad53757a311b62149bd4.jpeg8AF29ABC-ED26-4170-98CB-849A03DE10F2.thumb.jpeg.5252e8bc0b6ca09aef0966dd8963f3c6.jpeg6BCCF56B-89B4-4EF9-B77A-40089B2D4775.thumb.jpeg.ffffc95c7d8c9d35ce2c86db3ce820b6.jpeg

• Like 8

On 12/1/2022 at 6:34 PM, cruzin4us said:

we've used bandaids before 🙂

i am down the hall from you, if you hold your left hand up sideways at the end of the remote and point it towards the tv you want to control the infrared signal will not go into the other area. Assuming you are in the bedroom. otherwise, from couch cover the right side of the remote for that one. OR, you can ask your room steward to find another remote. there are quite a few mini suites on Dolphin that are unoccupied. He found us one after two days.

Edited by TravelDan99
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TravelDan99 said:

i am down the hall from you, if you hold your left hand up sideways at the end of the remote and point it towards the tv you want to control the infrared signal will not go into the other area. Assuming you are in the bedroom. otherwise, from couch cover the right side of the remote for that one. OR, you can ask your room steward to find another remote. there are quite a few mini suites on Dolphin that are unoccupied. He found us one after two days.

Thanks for the tip! 

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We will be onboard next year .. thanks for all the tips! 
I assume there is a Vines onboard.  If so, do they serve tapas there?  

There is not.  The Piazza has never had the full redo that added Vines/Alfredo’s and the IC to the sister ships. 

31 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

There is not.  The Piazza has never had the full redo that added Vines/Alfredo’s and the IC to the sister ships. 

Thank you for your reply!  But, I am a little sad about no Vines.  I guess the bidet will make up for it.  haha!!  

• Haha 2

E8EC8C44-B754-426E-A0EE-208B09BFB903.thumb.jpeg.a356aa447dc0740100466755944af400.jpegWe are in Puntarenas today.

We took the jungle river cruise and enjoyed seeing the countryside on our way to the boat. Once on the river we saw several crocodile and a variety of birds.  Our guide was excellent and gave us so much information. 

• Like 1